Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.. I'm new here.. My name is Melissa and I bought a used 06' Charger with some mods on it already and i am addicted now.

Anyways yesterday as i was running a few errands i pulled into a parking lot and my engine light went on. I was a little worried, but made it home fine and later on it turned off. I figured it may have just been a glitch seeing as when I tried the "on-acc-on-acc-on-acc-on" thing i received the "-dOnE-" code. Well this after noon driving home on the highway all of a sudden as i tried to accelerate the rpm's were stuck at 2500 and wouldn't go any faster. It was kind of like my car was slowly dying on me. pulled over and turned off the car. Received the "-dOnE-" code again. Of course, the engine light went back on. Does any one have any clue what it could have been or experienced that problem themselves?

Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
The engine light cant be on and you get done at the same time. somethings not right.
If your engine wont let you go over 2500 rpm i'm confused more cause limp mode is at 3k-3.5k based on model, not 2500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I dont really know. I went to accelerate and stuck at 2500. Turned off the car once i pulled over. Turned it back on and there was the engine light shining oh so brightly. and I don't know why I got the done code... but I did.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Go to Autozone & have them pull the codes so we know more. It's free. And you'll probably want to post this in the problems section instead of performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go to Autozone & have them pull the codes so we know more. It's free. And you'll probably want to post this in the problems section instead of performance.
thanks. i must have missed the problems section. sorry. anyways i ended up swinging by a dealership. i forgot the exact code at work but the guys there told me it was related to something internal in the transmission and that the whole thing that happened was a "safety feature" of some sort. At least I got lucky and they threw in a warranty when i bought it. Thanks again. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts