Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I got a steel Blue 07 R/T that in my opinion is pretty close to light gray... I've dressed up the exterior with some matte black Daytona-like decal and I think the grey/black color combo is working nicely.

Now, I want to dress up the engine bay some, but I need some ideas. Can you guys post some pics of what you have done under the hood to dress things up so I might get some idea?

Also, what are some good vendor sites where I might get additional idea?

Thx.

·
Registered
609 Posts
OK, so I got a steel Blue 07 R/T that in my opinion is pretty close to light gray... I've dressed up the exterior with some matte black Daytona-like decal and I think the grey/black color combo is working nicely.

Now, I want to dress up the engine bay some, but I need some ideas. Can you guys post some pics of what you have done under the hood to dress things up so I might get some idea?

Also, what are some good vendor sites where I might get additional idea?

Thx.
Billet Technologies, 22elite, Carbon by Design, to name a few!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts

X2, Check my sig, ref. Concepts, billet tech,rider graphic...etc...bodyshop work.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Go check out BilletTechnologies, a supporting vendor of the forums. Work with Heidi, she can help you with your concepts.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
some of my billet tech goods and my next purchase are gsmotorsports half valve covers for the 5.7...i'm gonna get black chrome with hemi orange backdrops. :smoke:

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
billet tech FTMFW!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Lookin at these pics I would say first off paint the engine cover. Those things look sweet painted up like that!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
how did everyone forget to mention Reflective Concepts (supporting vendor)!?!??!

they're a supporting vendor here and they have ALLLLLL the engine cover overlays you can think of and they look awesome.

as soon as they get some gomango colored ones, i'm buying the whole engine kit!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Engine Half Covers
BT Under Hood Goodies
Painted Intake Manifold
Painted Fuse Box Cover
Custom Braided Lines
DIY CAI
EGR Delete
Hood Struts
PCM Cover

Things still to do:
Paint Windshield Fluid Tank
Paint Coolant Tank
Billet Fuel Rails
Remove Hood Pad and do a graphic
Firewall cover
Strut bar

·
Registered
405 Posts
Some guys go for a theme. perhaps find a way to tie in the exterior work under the hood. A lot of guys get the fuse box shaved and painted....like so: This belongs to a buddy of mine.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Nothing special but here it is anyways:

DC Sports Strut brace (powder coated black)
Custom made Billet strut covers (powder coated black)
Engine Half Covers (last set made for 5.7 by GSM)
Mopar Intake (painted Brilliant Black)

·
Registered
4,625 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Are there any good options for the plastic reservoirs? Obviously one could paint them but then how would you see the fluid levels?

Tagman - how did you get rid of the lettering and mold points on your intake manifold?? Also, is that just plain rubber tubing that crosses the manifold? I like that much better than the plastic slinky cover!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts