Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to a car show this weekend and want to clean up my engine bay. Seeing this is my first car worth cleaning the engine for; it will be my first time. I was wondering what types of products to use and what type of water source/pressure to use as to not drown my engine. Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
When I do mine I take a 3 to 1 mix of water to simple green and mist it all over the motor and inside fenders. Don`t want to over saturate anything. Then I take my MR CLEAN AUTO WASH and set it to the filtered setting. It is a fine mist of filtered water so you won`t get the white spots left. Before it all sets I take my leaf blower or compressed air , which depends on how much water is on the ground, and blow out all the low spots where water has puddled.
I use Meguires Auto Detailer on the rubber to liven it up and anywhere there might be some water spots or dirt that didn`t come off.

Works for me...

Scott

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I just spray mine with the garden hose. That usually cleans it up real nice. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.