Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally finished the engine cover . Went crazy with the color. I am going to get paint remover on the Rams head and return it to original and maybe put the vinyl decals from reflective concepts on the letters. This is just a prototype, I am buying a new cover and trying it again. maybe doing the opposite. All plum crazy cover with insert being black and 5.7L V8 in plum crazy. Want feedback.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ah there we go, the pic wouldn't show up at first. Looks awesome, I definitely agree to get the Ram head and letters done. I think if you did the stripes and letters on the sides, it would be complete. The reverse idea sounds good as well. Awesome job, I am definitely going to have to do this to ours. Thanks for the pics and good job again!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Looks good! I also like the painted CAI... I think you should take the paint off the rams head and the lettering. Would look better IMO

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i see it and it looks great! i like that you painted the cai, that looks cool. is it a k&n?
Yes it is. I am trying to figure out a way to make a copy of my plum crazy authentication badge from inside the car to the CAI where it used to say K&N

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, looks great...like you said regarding the reflec. concepts vinyls will bring it out. Great CAI..powdercoated or painted?
it was black but I used the same paint:clap:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
looks good add a touch of creativity

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I like it as well. I want to go reverse like you were talking about with mine, that is painting the entire cover in sublime with flat black HEMI lettering, flat back top panel and then do the 5.7L and HEMI part on top in Sublime. Then along the fins on the cover on the sides maybe go flat black on those too... BTW, are you painting this stuff yourself? If so, are you having any trouble/worries about the heat from the engine and the paint withstanding to it? Painting is no problem for me, but Im just worried about how it will stand up to engine heat. Id like to paint my CAI tube as well.... Good stuff though, keep up the good work and let us know how round 2 turns out!

-Pat

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like it! Can't have too much purple! :)

Where did you get the paint?
I bought the paint at the local auto paint specialty store.
www.autospectruminc.com
The dodge Plum crazy is a "secret" formula. but they found a match anyway. With adhesive, primer and paint, I spent $28. Can't beat that. Less than the price of overlays.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Looks cool... Regarding the Authentication badge... Drop and e-mail to billet tech, with dimensions of the plate you want, and have them engrave it out for ya...

They offer the plum crazy color, so, Maybe they can even shave everything off and just leave the plum colored badge just like your OEM badge... Or any other custom way...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.