Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know if this is the right section, if not feel free to move this thread, but i was wondering. have any of you guys ever cleaned your engine? i was looking at mine the other day and it is starting to look kinda dirty, just wondering if there is a way to safely clean it. eg: covering some places like CAI, and fuse box and what not and just spray that bad boy down or is it more in depth than that?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Microfiber towell simple green for heavy dirt and Adams detail spray/waterless wash for anything else.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
this is what I do...

1. simple green mix with water... it tells you on the bottle how much to mix
2. some tire shine for the black plastic and rubber stuff but you can also use detail spray... the tire shine works better though
3. and of course... detail spray of your choice

for starters...

1. I cover all the important things with plastic bags, like the alternator, air intake, throttle body area, fuse box, etc... I also cover all my Billet Tech bling with bags too

2. Then I spray the simple green all over the engine bay area... note: engine bay is dry that way the simple green sticks and does it magic

3. Let the simple green do it's thing for 10-15mins... try not to do it on too hot of a day because it will dry quick, if that happens I just spray a little more simple green to keep it wet...note: you don't want it to dry

4. after 10-15 mins, spray down engine bay with "mist" selector on your water nozzle... don't over do it with the water though... just enuff to get rid of the suds

5. after it looks like you got all the simple green off.... then I dry the engine bay by using a leave blower... use the blower until all the water goes away

6. then you can dry up anything remaining with some microfiber towels and start to use the tire shine and detail spray on the other parts I mentioned up to give them that detailed look...

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
...just a word of warning, if you have any BT bling under the hood, make sure you don't spray it with the Simple Green.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I`v cleaned mine befor and this is all that i did.
1. Most important thing.....make sure the engine is not hot ( let it cool down first )
2. cover your CAI with a plastic bag if you have one
3. Low pressure soap followed by low pressure spot free rinse.

This is all i did and everything worked out just fine

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have never more than dusted. Just don't let them get that dirty.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Showoff pat:).

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I need to do my underhood cleaning session it's been like 2 weeks :slap:

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I aim for every weekend but I've worked my day off the last 2 weeks. But I kno no excuses. I did detail inside/out today after work in tge parking lot at my sons Dr waiting for my kid/girl. People are looking at me funny lol.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I aim for every weekend but I've worked my day off the last 2 weeks. But I kno no excuses. I did detail inside/out today after work in tge parking lot at my sons Dr waiting for my kid/girl. People are looking at me funny lol.
Damm...you sound as anal about keeping a car clean as i am. I only wash mine 2-3 times a week lol!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I go over my car with Adams waterless wash every day after work now(meguires before) and do the rims/windows every other day with a full wash every weekend.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I go over my car with Adams waterless wash every day after work now(meguires before) and do the rims/windows every other day with a full wash every weekend.
Cool. People are always givn me chit about cleaning mine all the time, but its like this.......the damm thing cost alot of money to me and i plan on keeping it " new " looking as long as i can

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
My boss was amazed my car is an 06 with 35k and looks "showroom" every day he sees it:yes:

·
Registered
64 Posts
no i feel more of a tool bag. i havent washed mine in about 2 months. it freezes everymorning and when the ice melts it dries up and its dirty again. i use to wash it every sat morning. I Miss those days. cant waint for summer! i do need to clean the engine BAD!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
no i feel more of a tool bag. i havent washed mine in about 2 months. it freezes everymorning and when the ice melts it dries up and its dirty again. i use to wash it every sat morning. I Miss those days. cant waint for summer! i do need to clean the engine BAD!
I feel ya man, I need to get mine cleaned soon, just seem to never have time I should get one of these :slap: lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts