Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on my engine bay. With items from Billet Tech and BMC it is looking much better. I also re-routed that hard plastic vacuum line that normally runs along the drivers side of the intake manifold. Makes it look much cleaner IMO. While I was at it I repainted the AFE intake where my hood dinged it then added the "Don't Tread On Me" decal.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i cant get any pic up, sorry would like to see it

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Looks awesome man .... :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
very clean engine bay

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Very nice! Stop there so that it doesn't get tacky!
Good job!:rocker:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The only thing I'm thinking about doing at this point is painting half covers.
IMO it wouldn't look as good. Red would blend into the inner fenders and black would blend into the intake making the engine not as striking. Red covers would be nice on a different color car though. maybe chrome the covers??.. no then they won't match the rest of the brushed parts. It sure looks hot the way it is.

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts
Looks great! :bigthumb:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Wow! Thats one clean engine bay! looks great! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
919 Posts
lonestar - How do you keep the engine so clean? I was going to buy engine cleaner spray but the instructions say to hose it off with a steady stream of water and I'm hesitant about blasting my engine with water. Also, have you thought about doing anything with the fuse box cover? I painted mine charcoal and etched the Dodge Ram logo into it with a razor. I'll get pics up soon. PS, a small disposable paint brush works well at getting the sand out of the corners.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
As a Borat would say, Berry nice!

·
Registered
298 Posts
How is the sawybar attached? I can't see any screws is it welded?

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
lonestar - How do you keep the engine so clean? I was going to buy engine cleaner spray but the instructions say to hose it off with a steady stream of water and I'm hesitant about blasting my engine with water. Also, have you thought about doing anything with the fuse box cover? I painted mine charcoal and etched the Dodge Ram logo into it with a razor. I'll get pics up soon. PS, a small disposable paint brush works well at getting the sand out of the corners.
I dust the bay with a micro-fiber towel every now and then. If it gets too dirty I use something mild like simple green since some degreasers will harm my painted parts. After rinsing I blow the water off with my air compressor, it gets the water out of the holes real well.

The bar is attached by the four original bolt locations and the three bolts on each strut tower. They are under the strut tower caps.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
The "hidden fasteners" :) :

There are 2 bolts at each end, plus the 3 studs it fits over, on the strut tower, held in place with the stock nuts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I dust the bay with a micro-fiber towel every now and then. If it gets too dirty I use something mild like simple green since some degreasers will harm my painted parts. After rinsing I blow the water off with my air compressor, it gets the water out of the holes real well.

The bar is attached by the four original bolt locations and the three bolts on each strut tower. They are under the strut tower caps.
that's the way to do it:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts