Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - the day was coming.....sooner or later it was going to arrive.... And today it did - in the shape of a big red truck.....

And now she's gone......

I feel a tad blue. And it's not due to the POS CobAlt that I have staring idiotically at me through my apartment window.....

Well - she did it. Nearly two years on the roads of Texas - along with trips through New Mexico, Arazona, California, Oklahoma, Arkansaw, Tennessee, Kentucky and Ohio.... (think that's all of them.....).

Just a few little grazes (or road rash, as I like to call it....). No door dings (which is something I really cannot believe....!!!!!).

Now - her fate is out of my hands. The next time I will see her (all being well) is when I pick her up in the UK and drive her home. The Brits are going to love her (other than the tree huggers....).

Now it's fingers crossed - time to sit and wait........

Looking good in the early morning sun.......

She still has nice, tight flanks......

Sweet........

She's still a mean looking MoFo.......

Her door hangs open.... "Don't let me go....pleaseeeeeee...."

The red behemoth awaits......

She fights all the way!

Resistance is futile......

Now - there's no escape...... Strap her down lads!

Nice and tight............

And so it begins......... her life in somebody else's hands.....

Parting is such sweet sorrow......

Farewell - see you soon.

:(

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
:wave: Bye GoManGo

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Good Luck!

You're gonna get mobbed everywhere ya go in the UK with that car for sure...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hope the road finds her well in her new home!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yup the UK is gonna love it! Especially cause the steering wheel is on the left LOL

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
A new home, but the same owner. Thank you for staying somewhat stock. Show-em how WE do it when you get there. Did you demand six layers of Bubblewrap during transport? :wave:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Oh I just want to cry for you :(
Try not to worry about her to much and dont think about Ferris Beullers Day off when the lot attendants cruise in the car they are supposed to be parking!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys (apart from the Ferris Beuller comment! LOL).

It's funny. I still very much remember picking up my car and posting about it here. Shame how quickly these thing pass.

Oh well - new chapter and all that.....

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
does this mean no more arfur???

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Im sorry the aliens told me to say it!
If I was you I would be double dosing on Xanax or Valiums till I saw her again!
PS I am going to miss you & I have not even met you!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does this mean no more arfur???
Well - at least not in the capacity that I have been for the last 2 years! Yeah - I'm going home. About a month and a bit to do now.

Im sorry the aliens told me to say it!
If I was you I would be double dosing on Xanax or Valiums till I saw her again!
PS I am going to miss you & I have not even met you!
Hehehe - you prolly wouldn't be saying that if you HAD actually met me! :D

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
in that last pic the glare is so perfectly placed that the daytona decal is invisible.. i actually thought u had removed it for a second, but i checked the other pictures.

ps- whats it gunna cost for u to move the steering wheel to the other side?:lol:

jk

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
in that last pic the glare is so perfectly placed that the daytona decal is invisible.. i actually thought u had removed it for a second, but i checked the other pictures.

ps- whats it gunna cost for u to move the steering wheel to the other side?:lol:

jk
Heh - so it does.... :grin:

No - steering wheel is going to remain where DCX intended. It's the driver that's got to adapt. :)

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Mecha

Quick!! Find that truck and start those mods we talked about!! Should have a bit of time before it hits the boat so get to it now bro!!

Tom

Oh carp!! this isnt the PM section, dont post !!!!!!!!

Sorry to see her go and for your time to be counting down. Wish i was closer to TX to attend your beer send off. Fingers crossed on the other plans happening some time. She's in good hands bro, not as good as yours but she will get there ok.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mecha

Quick!! Find that truck and start those mods we talked about!! Should have a bit of time before it hits the boat so get to it now bro!!

Tom

Oh carp!! this isnt the PM section, dont post !!!!!!!!
Tom......

......I'm watchin' ya......

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Hey Arf, I love the tires you have.... what are those???? would you recommend them? Im about to get new tires for my R-T....
How many miles you put on your GMG?

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Arf, I love the tires you have.... what are those???? would you recommend them? Im about to get new tires for my R-T....
How many miles you put on your GMG?
The tyre are:

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/assets/pdf/gforce_ta_kdw.pdf

I have 255/55/R18's, but there is the slightest rub at the front near to full lock, in reverse. I'll live with it, as it's not really a position I drive in much.

There's a small amount of road 'hum' with them - but they have been very good tyres!

I put just over 26K miles on her.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
My wheels rub in reverse too, only. My buddy has the same size 22's w/ same tires, no rub on his 300. WTF? lol

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The tyre are:

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/assets/pdf/gforce_ta_kdw.pdf

I have 255/55/R18's, but there is the slightest rub at the front near to full lock, in reverse. I'll live with it, as it's not really a position I drive in much.

There's a small amount of road 'hum' with them - but they have been very good tyres!

I put just over 26K miles on her.
awesome! thanks for the info, they really look cool!
not a lot of miles considering its a 2 year old car.... looking at her best arf! congrats on maintaining your car! My best bet is that you will keep it forever right?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts