Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today in the afternoon as i was making my way home i was in a good mood seing as i had not driven my car for about a week due to my rear tires needing replacement. I was enjoying my driving having some fun when i happen to see a black vette in the distance (C5 moddified) it sounded pretty loud so i decided to hunt him down to see if he wanted to playas i was in the progress of doing this i see that there is a viper in the turning lane (98-2002 black with silver stripes) so now i had 2 options to have fun..i decided i was too good in spirit to have my ass handed to me so i chased after the c5 i passed it up and he followed and then nothing...he stayed behind me empty freeway...damm. My question is how bad would i gotten my ass handed by that viper if i had chosen to paly with it, I would think he would look at me like i look at ricers:dead: .. would i have been to even slightly hang?:ninja:

·
Registered
134 Posts
maybe slightly, but those late 90's vipers push 450hp. almost 500tq, and i suppose they are lighter than our chargers

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Go Big or Go Home I always say :smoke:
hehehe

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
He'd have handed you your a$$ but so what. I'm with CC22.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
The first Vipers were not nearly as fast and you would have a good shot against them as they were low 13s

Anything after that and you are toast

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hey go for it....just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
1992 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.8 13.1
1993 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.5 13.2
1996 Dodge Viper RT/10 5.0 13.2
1997 Dodge Viper GTS 4.0 12.2
1998 Dodge Viper GTS 4.1 12.2
1998 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.1 12.3
2001 Dodge Viper GTS ACR 4.3 12.6
1996-2002 Viper Hennessey Venom 1000TT 2.3 9.52
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 3.9 11.7

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wow. I had no idea the Hennessey Venoms were mid 9's. For some reason I kept thinking they were low 10s out of the box.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Today in the afternoon as i was making my way home i was in a good mood seing as i had not driven my car for about a week due to my rear tires needing replacement. I was enjoying my driving having some fun when i happen to see a black vette in the distance (C5 moddified) it sounded pretty loud so i decided to hunt him down to see if he wanted to playas i was in the progress of doing this i see that there is a viper in the turning lane (98-2002 black with silver stripes) so now i had 2 options to have fun..i decided i was too good in spirit to have my ass handed to me so i chased after the c5 i passed it up and he followed and then nothing...he stayed behind me empty freeway...damm. My question is how bad would i gotten my ass handed by that viper if i had chosen to paly with it, I would think he would look at me like i look at ricers:dead: .. would i have been to even slightly hang?:ninja:
The gen 2 viper would have left you for dead. Even though it's rated at "only" 450 hp, remember the torque as well and a fair bit lighter along with a computer that doesn't strangle your car to death. I've driven one,and let me tell ya,it's a whooooole different feel and a whole lot more fun.....as it should be for the price. Anyone thinkin they will hang with a viper is dillusional unless the guy has 0 shifting abilities. I wouldn't read in too much to magazine times......real world driving and testing is all that matters.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well my wife and I tangled on the freeway and even though I left her for dead...I was surprised at how fast the Charger was...

·
Registered
487 Posts

From the following:

http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread.php?t=78866

For the Hennessey - the following:

^^ Incorrect on both counts. An owner did 1.9 seconds to 60 one time, and that car has the world record for track/street legal cars for the 1/4 mile, finishing it in just under 8.6 seconds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts