Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
no but i fix em all the time. Have you been in the area of your throttle body lately (i.e. cold air intake install) and are you under warranty?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
no but i fix em all the time. Have you been in the area of your throttle body lately (i.e. cold air intake install) and are you under warranty?
I'm going to be doing a CAI in a few weeks or so after I get my baby back from the shop... what is it that I should be looking out for?

Thx for this heads up!
Dave

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
nothing really to figure out but some people pull the plug from etc instead of iat if they arent the most car knowledgeable .When doing this they sometimes cancel the calibration of the etc and it needs a starscan calibrate.
Just looking for hints. Most etc lights i've worked on have been customer caused. There have been maybe 1-50 that actually needed an throttle body.

Also before someone else posts this. Their is gonna be someone come onhere and refer the o.p. to do a etc recalibrate with foot/ignition method. DONT
Figure out what the problem is first and lets fix it. Too many people think that a recalibrate fixes every problem associated with a module and all it really doesn 9 times out of ten is erase what caused the light to come on in the first place and that doesnt fix the problem. This could be a safety issue and needs to be done correctly. If the etc does go out, they are programmed to cut throttle back to 10% since they cant really tell what your trying to get them to do. 10% will be max. So if it goes bad and you try to pull on interstate your gonna get slammed in the ass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts