Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
A friend of mine tried it (a simmilar one anyhow) on his magnum (equiped w/ MOPAR CAI) and it actually hurt his performance. It seems to be more restrictive, under powered and it cannot keep up with the vacuum of air going into the intake. IMHO, its best to save your money for a real supercharger than waste it on something that does nothing....

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crazy_luck said:
A friend of mine tried it (a simmilar one anyhow) on his magnum (equiped w/ MOPAR CAI) and it actually hurt his performance. It seems to be more restrictive, under powered and it cannot keep up with the vacuum of air going into the intake. IMHO, its best to save your money for a real supercharger than waste it on something that does nothing....
Roger. I was just wondering about it because I've never heard of anything like this before. I figured it was either something that was very new, or it wasn't as good they make it sound, since no one is talking about these things.

Oh well. I just want a CAI system for my SXT, but I haven't found one yet. :mad:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
yeah they are garbage.... the add more strain on the alternator then the "added" power they give you... LOL

·
Registered
322 Posts
ChargerSXT said:
Roger. I was just wondering about it because I've never heard of anything like this before. I figured it was either something that was very new, or it wasn't as good they make it sound, since no one is talking about these things.

Oh well. I just want a CAI system for my SXT, but I haven't found one yet. :mad:
ChargerSXT,
- I was thinking of installing a CAI for my "SE" Charger, if you find one let me know. If I find one, I will let you know.
- I was also thinking of having the MOPAR dual exhaust installed, when it becomes available (it's something like $426.00).

- I'm not expecting much of a performance increase, but I think the Dual exhaust will look and sound nice.

Brian T.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
C-R-A-P! :evil:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
ChargerSXT said:

- I saw this > http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=331 , on the "High Horse Performance" website.

Brian T.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Was the "C-R-A-P!" in reference to the "Electric Supercharger" ?

- What do you thing about the Mopar Dual exhaust for the 3.5L - and a CAI - do you think it's worth it ?

- I wasn't expecting great performance gains from the exhaust upgrade, just a better sound and since I've got the left side cut-out, in the bumper skirting, it would look nicer with another exhaust tip.

Brian T.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
C-R-A-P
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
was about the electric supercharger.... the LMFAO was in response to the smilie I posted.... sorry if I

we now return to our regularly scheduled program.... :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
BT1024 said:
ChargerSXT,
- I was thinking of installing a CAI for my "SE" Charger, if you find one let me know. If I find one, I will let you know.
- I was also thinking of having the MOPAR dual exhaust installed, when it becomes available (it's something like $426.00).

- I'm not expecting much of a performance increase, but I think the Dual exhaust will look and sound nice.

Brian T.
I'm with you on the dual exhaust and the CAI. Once I get that done, my ride is all set up. :)

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BT1024 said:
ChargerSXT,

Brian T.
Thanks Brian. I'm getting the exhaust as well. I called my dealer's parts department a couple of days ago and was told that the exhaust system has a part number, but that they are unable to order it...AND, it should be another couple of months before they can order it. :mad:

Once I have my exhaust and CAI, I'll be set.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts