Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided on e-cutouts for a first mod, want to be able to go back to "stealth" mode easily...I've looked at several online and on the forum...I know DMH gets a lot of good marks and I also like the ones by Badlanz. There is a Mopar drag race/car show/swap meet in my area later this month, so my questions:

1) Would you buy a used set? If so, what should problems areas should I look for? I suppose it'd be foolish to buy used ones without knowing if the motors were working (i.e. if I couldn't see them in action), and of course stay away from any that appear to not seal well when closed, or that might appear warped

2) Any particular brands to stay away from? If so, why?

3) Haven't decided yet on a switch in the cabin or remote...if I go with a particular brand, could it be that there is not a remote for that brand (i.e. - are the remotes programmable like a garage opener and thus interchangeable)?

I'm hoping to find a new set from a reputable manufacturer w/warranty and avoid shipping fees...but just in case...

Thanks, appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well...

I have the BadlanzHPE 2.5" pair installed on my Daytona - I am quite happy with them. My manual switch is installed near my trunk release button.

The DMH has a nice low profile design model - it's oval - there's a posting by FireMedic23 with video you can check out.

·
Registered
342 Posts
There's a thread going talking about the DMH cutouts Group Buy in a week or so, when DMH moves to their new location and becomes a sponsor. I'm holding out for that one! They'll be the low profile ones mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
If Im not mistake, there is a good deal available on them right now. Unless that offer has passed, as far as I know it should still be available. Send a PM to SJB261, I got involved in a cutout thread and he looked into getting a deal on them and came through. So talk to him and see if he knows if its still open, or just call DMH directly and ask for Dave because he was the one handling the deal.

-Pat

P.S. If anyone has contacted DMH already and knows what the Group Buy price is going to be once DMH becomes a vendor, let me know what it is so I can see how it compares to this one, although they might just be the same ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.