Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in on the TByrne AFE/Diablo buy and I now have both installed in the car - 91 CAI tune - I'll be back later with my formal evaluation.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Please tell us what you think. I'm still waiting on the predator to come in.......

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Waiting.............

·
Registered
309 Posts
If it woke up his engine like it has for everyone else, you will be waiting a while for a reply. He's probably out having much more fun driving than he is used to.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I received mine Tuesday and have enjoyed it since then :grin:

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I have the afe and the predator sitting beside me now. About to go instal. I am hoping my predator doesnt need updates since I dont have the cables.

·
Registered
453 Posts
D'oh!! I got the Predator cables today but it's fricken drizzling!! I can't hot dog around or I'll end up in a ditch. My luck is poor it seems lately. I did fill my car with 92 and did notice she's got some more snot to her for sure...but I don't have a full eval to give yet due to conditions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got my Predator 5 mins ago :)...................... But my car is at the dealer getting warranty work done. :( guess ill have to wait until tomorrow............

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, I'm finally back. As nightops said, I couldn't come back right away because i was having too much fun! I can tell you that this was the best $500.00 I have ever spent! It is a totally different car now than it was before. It keeps pulling and pulling and pulling! I didn't touch the esp button, I didn't do the turn-key to disbale esp, abs, etc. i just went out and drove the HECK outta the car - No problems getting the wheels to spin, shifts were perfect, and it idles perfect - which was previously rough. I couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool. Did you change anything yourself?
Nah - I just installed the 91 octane CAI performance tune. This was my first time using a tuner of any type and I have to say it was so easy - even a caveman can do it!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
did you not put the 93 tune because you are in Cali? Is there anybody out there that has tried both the 91 and 93 tunes and can show a difference between the two? I am waiting for mine and dont want to spend the extra money for 93 gas if it isnt much better than the 91

·
Registered
309 Posts
I am waiting for mine and dont want to spend the extra money for 93 gas if it isnt much better than the 91
With some people even reporting some knock-retard on the 93 tune and 93 gas, I'd say it pushes it to the edge. Besides, how much more does 93 cost than 91 in your area?

For a fill up of 89 octane vs 93 octane in my area, it's a difference of about $1.60 for the whole tank. I certainly get more than $1.60 enjoyment out of the extra performance.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
O.K. Pablo, meet me on Newport rd. tomorrow morning before the cops wake up and well really test it.........:grin:

Jim

·
Registered
498 Posts
Okay, I'm finally back. As nightops said, I couldn't come back right away because i was having too much fun! I can tell you that this was the best $500.00 I have ever spent! It is a totally different car now than it was before. It keeps pulling and pulling and pulling! I didn't touch the esp button, I didn't do the turn-key to disbale esp, abs, etc. i just went out and drove the HECK outta the car - No problems getting the wheels to spin, shifts were perfect, and it idles perfect - which was previously rough. I couldn't be happier!
Dammit! I've been thinking about this deal a lot. You might have just convinced me...

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
My car pulled so much harder after I got my cam, then after I got my diablo, it pulled even harder. If you are looking for a good mod to start with, you will definitely feel a difference with the diablo.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dammit! I've been thinking about this deal a lot. You might have just convinced me...
Ask if you get the cables and power supply which you will need for the upgrades.
Randy

·
Registered
622 Posts
2007 Daytona Sub Lime - It Works!

WOW!

OK, I am impressed also. I am running the 91 CAI tune on 91 Calif gas.

I have: Corsa cat-back, Cutouts, 180o Tstat, Mopar CAI, stupid TB spacer.

Pulled the battery cable for an hour, then went out and re-learned the drive cycles driving like a teenager so I was sure to fee the difference after flashing....

Installed the 91 CAI tune and went right back out driving the same roads the same way.

Very noticeable difference. It is certainly faster, but what really jumped out at me was the improvements to the trans - finally tossed the sack of marshmellows in the trash and changes damn gears! :)

Gonna start playing with settings tomorrow!

I am pleased with the unit and look forward to the upgradeablility and custom tune support/features to come.

·
Registered
467 Posts
WOW!
Pulled the battery cable for an hour, then went out and re-learned the drive cycles driving like a teenager so I was sure to fee the difference after flashing.....
I reset the TCM adaptation last night with the predator. Though I only modified trans settings and few others, cuz my car is going in tuesday for some warranty work (shimmy, sunroof rattle) and i'll go back to stock before hand. NE ohio only has 87 89 and 93 that I know of.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts