Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My thanks to Luke, aka 400rwhphemi, along with 402motoring/FRI and MakeItMopar.com, I have a brand new Sidewinder cam! :rockon:

I took my fascia off on Tuesday in anticipation of the install. I had also pulled the intake and disconnected the headers from the mid-pipes. Some of you may have seen (and heard) the video...

Luke rolled into the drive way around 9 PM last night after a brief tour of our state's fine toll way systems and we got right down to business.

Jen, aka Charger Junkie, stopped in to see what was going on...

Check out that bloody mess.. Whoever has to clean this garage floor is gunna be upset!

Time to start changing those springs! I think this was Luke's favorite part..

Here's a comparison shot of the 6.1L Exhaust Spring on the left vs. the 5.7L Spring on the right. Notice the slight, but significant differences..

When he didn't require my assistance, I installed some 6.1L fuel rails on my manifold. This was a piece of cake since I purchased a small pipe bender from AutoZone. I was able to apply a slight bend to both sides to allow the clearance needed for the fuel line that connects the two in the rear. Beautiful! :)

Cam time, baby! Out with the old...

In with with new...

This morning we reassembled and it went pretty smoothly..

We filled her back up with fluid, primed the engine and let her rip!!

That's not glare, just fluids burning off of the headers and what not..

We had a little bit of trouble getting the coolant to pump through the radiator, but after a little effort, everything is flowing strong and smooth. She sounds great and drives even better so far. No stalls, although I only took her around the block a few times to see how she felt.

I'm off to change the oil now and then to bed for a quick nap. I'll be ripping up the streets tonight for sure. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Congrats on the install! Gotta love the play-by-play photos of everything :smile: It looks sweet, have fun with your newly awakened Hemi!

·
Registered
348 Posts
My total respect goes out to Luke400Hemi for donating this incredible cam, thanks to him the self install will be that much more easier. Also thanks dude for the awesome documentation of the parts required, me and my mechanic should have no problem installing rite the first time now. When are we gonna see a complete start to finish do it yourself stage 2 cam/heads,headers install video or posts. I know alot of people would be willing to donate in return for a video, we will forever be grateful and i'm sure this will be good publicity for some online vendors that only sell and dont install. (man i need to stop giving away all these great business ideas for free lol) Thanks for helping out the lx Charger community, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
you lucky SOB, drive it like you stole it man, nice work!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Oh, maaaaaaaannn!

I see you posted this @ 4:24. I drove by your place on my way home from work, but when I saw your garage door closed, I figured you were probably done, and unconscious! That was ~4:15 or so...

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Oh. My. GOD!

That's the Charger equivalent of watching open heart surgery.

Very impressive. :smoke:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Ok, its official. When I do mine I am flyin that kid to vegas. I will film it, with suitable country background music, :) and get it on here somehow. Congrats you dirty Cobra you!

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Thats the price you pay! lol
All blood scenes will be accompanied by Tim McGraw, "How bad do you want it?"
First drive will have to be Big and Rich "Rollin"
I'll think of more no worries. lol

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! I thought you guys might like the photos.. It was quite an adventure and really cool how fast Luke was able to rip my 5.7 apart and even more quickly put it back together.
I see you posted this @ 4:24. I drove by your place on my way home from work, but when I saw your garage door closed, I figured you were probably done, and unconscious! That was ~4:15 or so...
Aw man, I passed out on the couch before I could get the oil changed around 5 or something..

We owe you a thanks for that air compressor and wrench!! We were running it at about 2am or something. It was nice, quiet and got the job done!

very nice. I concurr too, nice play by play on the photos. Enjoy it.
I think those fuel rails go great with my BT goodies, what do ya think?! Now I just have to start saving for that catch can to match! :)

That's the Charger equivalent of watching open heart surgery.
Let me tell ya.. It was a ton more work then I thought it would be. Specially with some of those bolts in the places they are. The heads were about what I expected, but there's so much more involved with the cam. :knockout:

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Thats the price you pay! lol
All blood scenes will be accompanied by Tim McGraw, "How bad do you want it?"
First drive will have to be Big and Rich "Rollin"
I'll think of more no worries. lol
Well, I'll let Miss Foxxxy watch it and give me the play-by-play. She loves Country. Me: not so much.

In all honesty: regardless of the soundtrack, I look forward to it. :D

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice going Matt can't wait for the road report

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Anyone know what the flow differentiation is between the 5.7 and 6.1 Fuel Rails???? I put 6.1 injectors on mine, but left the fuel rail alone.....seems ok so far

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Congrats on the being "FRIed" :)

You will love it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts