Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a good price on this kit from a fellow member and before i go thru with it i wanna know will it make a difference and also will i see problems in the future? and how hard are they to install? can someone help me ASAP

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumpppppppppp

·
Registered
385 Posts
I plan on getting the entire Pro System once they are not on backorder from Eibach...according to the hotchkis sway install thread you have to drop the entire rear-end? right? someone help me out here...

I plan on just having someone else do the install being that I have a tendency to **** things up.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just wanna know if it will make a differnece or not...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sways will greatly improve handling = less body roll. The front bar also helps to improve steering.

On a SLIGHT downside, it will decrease the comfort of the ride a little - since a sway bar acts to compress both sides rather than each side acting independently, your small bumps and such can be felt more during driving with the anti-roll kit. However, for MOST people, the improved handling far out-weighs this slight negative.

My general disclaimer - my response is based on my own research - and therefore I make no guarantee it to be 100% accurate...so if I messed anything up, hopefully someone who knows more than me can chime in ;)

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i just wanna make sure its going to make a difference.. cause i dont wanna buy something that will not make a difference ..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems to make a difference

I'll give my two cents here.

Got the car initially and felt the body roll everybody talks about.

Had a shop install some Tein coilovers the sametime as the Eibach sway bars. According to them, they had to drop the rear end since the sway bar goes above all that stuff.

I put back my stock springs and shocks because 1) of clearance issues here in Cali and 2) I'm in sales so I sometimes take customers in my car and needed the softer ride (but the Tein's were great when I had them on).

I was prepared for the body roll again but surprisingly it wasn't there (as I had remembered) once I put stocks back on. Agreed with ennis, small bumps can be felt but another thing is I have 22" wheels with 245 (or 255 - can't remember)/35s tires so that could be attributing to some of the decreased comfort.

I believe you will be satisifed with the sway bars. According to some of the specs, I've seen, the Hotchiks sway bars seem to be a bit thicker than the Eibach.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts