Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a drive to our local beach where they have a Sunday morning gathering of all makes of cars - mostly old stuff in mint shape. You will all be happy to know I was the only Charger there (biult before 1972) and with the windows down as we drove past folks you could hear comments like, "That's the New Charger", "That is one nice car" "That thing's got a Hemi" etc.
Now the wife gets it!
(and so do I!)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Hemiready said:
Took a drive to our local beach where they have a Sunday morning gathering of all makes of cars - mostly old stuff in mint shape. You will all be happy to know I was the only Charger there (biult before 1972) and with the windows down as we drove past folks you could hear comments like, "That's the New Charger", "That is one nice car" "That thing's got a Hemi" etc.
Now the wife gets it!
(and so do I!)
It's a great feeling isn't it. I never get tired of it!! Good for you. Cool! :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've had mine for a month,and people are still in awe. It was nice having the only one in the area,but I just talked a buddy of mine into a black R/T. Now he's stealing all my thunder...: :( :

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Neck breaking is fun huh?

Theres alot of "Daytona induced" whiplash going around AZ right now! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
384 Posts
AZCHARGER said:
Neck breaking is fun huh?

Theres alot of "Daytona induced" whiplash going around AZ right now! :lol: :lol:
That will soon be catching here in Indiana

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't think the market will be flooded with them either, at least here in Northern VA. I still don't see that many Magnums and have only seen two Chargers (on the road) and mine is one of them. Better than the new Mustang...I see them EVERYWHERE, mostly 6 cyc...

Today I went to Quizno's and had to pass Outback, etc. and a lot of people were sitting outside when I drove by...most of them did the "wow" stare and a couple pointed...yes that makes my head big :rockon:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, the Charger will make you an instant celebrity! My Daytona has recieved more comments than any car I've owned. My 'Cuda never got so many raves.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It made it even sweeter when we opened up the back doors and you could see the two car seats and our one year old twins came out. 350HP and I can bring along the kiddies for some wheel spins

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Hemiready said:
Now the wife gets it!
(and so do I!)
I had my car in Auto Fair at lowes motor speedway, Concord NC on saturday. I'll tell ya I got enough comments to last anyone a life time. With a lot of different cars around my R/T really got a lot of attention. Here are some pics could'nt get anymore forgot to charge to batteries on the camera.

http://www.chargerforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=449&cat=500&page=1

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
sweet picture antmag...have you ordered the hood struts yet?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
GoDaddy said:
sweet picture antmag...have you ordered the hood struts yet?
I have been thinking about them. But you know I think that even during car shows I would use the hood prop because everyone puts there head under the hood and I would'nt want the Hood struts to fail in any way. You know it may be a liability thing. I saw a loy of cars there that had hood struts or springs that were still using some other kind of hood prop.

You may not have seen but I just put more pics in my Gallery. I had to figure out how to change the size first.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
man i never even thought about that....would be funny...."hey, check out this engine.....sweet (thump)......get me out of here!!!" lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm a newbie, I've been reading thru everything today while watching the race. Liked what I saw & decided to join. I'm in the process of trying to buy a Charger Daytona(#280 of 4000)loaded. dealers asking 27,000 which is what brought me to your site. I'll admit when the first pictures of the charger were out I wasn't crazy about. Then I saw the real thing, and test drove an R/T been hooked ever since! Sound like a good price or is there wiggle room on the invoice? They say theres no incentives available. Anyhow, I know what its like turning heads I've got a 68 Charger (Hemi Orange), I haven't seen any 06's on the road yet around here,would probably get the same reaction your getting(too cool). Gotta loose the '00 Taurus I'm driving!!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
27000, for a daytona, not sure about anyone else but GO GET IT RIGHT NOW. i haven't heard anyone go that low....hell i have an r/t and paid 31,000!!! anyone else....az guys what did you guys pay? (they are the "in" daytona guys...lol)

scott

·
Registered
85 Posts
27000 for a daytona ??? if thats true and you dont want it ill buy it cash

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i had to read it a couple of times myself...wow literally a steal if its true!!!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
That is really hard to belive. I never saw an R/T of any sort that low. I paid $35,400. The Daytona that was at my dealers lot sold for $34,700. That car will not be on the lot long if you tell everyone what state and the dealerships name.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Must have meant $37,000

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
jshifty1 said:
Sorry Guys Mistype On My Part 37,814 Is What There Asking
LMAO...you almost had some of us going. That sounds more like it. Even that is a good price. You might be able to get them down a little from that. I think it all goes by how many people show interest. Car dealers are just out to move cars they know they are not going to win their fortune on that one car sale. It comes from selling a lot of cars. Just make them a good offer they should take it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts