Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, after realizing my rear stock rear brake pads were toast, I decided to try out the EBC Redstuff Ceramic Pads for the rear of the SRT8. EBC claims the pad is good for Hard Street driving and Some Track use, as well as being a very light dust/dust free pad. So I thought we should test them out. I havent tried any other aftermarket pads, so my only basis for comparison are the stock Brembo pads. I know alot of people have had sucess w/ C-TEK and Posi Quiet pads. The only downside I have heard w/ those pads is that they didnt stop as well as the stockers and were not great for track use. My hope was that the EBC's would fit the bill. I can report that initially the Redstuffs generated quite a bit iof dust during break in, however this is likely due to the coating used on teh pads. Once that was worn through I can honestly say the dust has been seriously cut down. In addittion I canot notice any real difference in braking peformance, these pads feel just as grippy now that they are broken in as the stock pads did. I do still have the stock pads on the front, but will be swapping those soon. The difference in dust after a week or so of driving is very noticable when looking at the front wheels vs the rears ( I realize the fronts always generate more dust, but the difference w the new pads is very significant)
Below are a couple of pics I snapped yesterday after a week and a half of not cleaning the wheels. Pics dont do it justice, when you look at the car from 10 ft away the rear wheels look clean and dust free and the fronts look black!

Front: Stock Pads

Rear: EBC Pads

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:
I have had the rears on since my original post with no issues.
Installed the front pads about a week ago and they stop great!
Toom the car to a road course track day @ Moroso Motorsports Park on Sunday and the pads held up great, no fade and still stop great on the street! As good and IMO better than stock pads but with less dust. No noise either. I Highly recommend these pads! Track Tested and approved!

·
Registered
285 Posts
i put on these pads at the same time i put on my cryo slotted rotors and they warped them in bout 2 months. Replaced with with another pad after having the rotors machined been fine since, but i ma not a big fan of the red stuff anymore

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I've had them on my car for almost a year now. No problems at all and they definately stop better than the stock pads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts