Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone reccomend a good web site to buy these for 2006 Dodge Charger R/T?

Maybe EBC is not the best provider but from a search in this forum they came up a few times as the shiz-nit.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I Would Recomend The Ap Racing Drilled Rotors... Brake-pros.com Is The Site.

I Think They Are Only $250ish For The Pair....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you currently have them on your car?

How are they working out for you?

·
Registered
129 Posts
The issue with these is simply that changing the rotor is going to do nearly nothing for your braking performance. The rotors, the rotors, the rotor as someone said on another forum. And for the most part they are correct.

Moving to a nice two piece may prove worthy as you'd not only save some weight but also most likely get a directional rotor. None of the oem replacements are either of this.

While adding the slots and holes may go to improve pad wiping most pads today have no need for this. And that wiping will only add to wear and dusting levels. If you really want to improve the braking experience your money is better spent on proper pads and stainless steel hoses. No secret that the hoses will firm up the pedal a bit. The pads however remain the key to improved brake torque. Both new rotors and hoses will not alter this one bit.

Lastly if you want to avoid pad transfer problems and the dreaded pulsation associated with any rotor and most pads you need to review your driving habits. Hard stopping will not damage most pads or rotors. It's the stop and hold that will created your problem by way of baking pads to the rotor. If you drive "spiritively" then you need to learn to creep at a light and avoid excessive hard brake use where ample cooling is not available.

Just my .02 from 14yrs of kit building.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Whats youre favorite upgrade pad then? I really dont speed or drive fast but would like some stopping power if ever needed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Whats youre favorite upgrade pad then? I really dont speed or drive fast but would like some stopping power if ever needed.
While it's no secret I push my Wilwood kits, for oem applications I put my money behind Hawk HPS pads as being one of, if not the, most streetable and high temp duty pads you'll use.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
While it's no secret I push my Wilwood kits, for oem applications I put my money behind Hawk HPS pads as being one of, if not the, most streetable and high temp duty pads you'll use.
:lol:
Ill check out the hawks, I definatly have no need for a full BBK yet...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where can someone find steel brake lines pre-BENT for a charger?

All I can find is a straight peice of pipe.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice!!!

Good looking ride!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts