Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
What is the easiest and most inexpensive way to boost up the 5.7 HEMI performance?
Diablo predator. It is very easy to install, only takes about 10 min and you will feel a big difference and it only cost about $400. You can also install a cold air intake, which is really easy to install also for about $250-$300. You can also do headers, catbacks & cam, but those cost a little more.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Diablo predator. It is very easy to install, only takes about 10 min and you will feel a big difference and it only cost about $400. You can also install a cold air intake, which is really easy to install also for about $250-$300. You can also do headers, catbacks & cam, but those cost a little more.
X2!

I'm doing headers and hiflow cats next Spring...the rest has been done.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
As has been said, a tuner is your biggest bang for the buck. If you want to take full advantage of what a tuner can give you need to help the air flow in and out. Plan on about $1500.00 for a basic tuner, intake and exhaust mods.
At minimum you need a good flowing intake system, the best being a HAMMER. Many CAI's just make more noise. If you can get a stock Daytona/SRT air box for cheap you will do almost as good as some of the expensive A/M systems.
Once you get the air in you need to get it out. Just taking of the rear resonators with Blast'n Bob resonator eliminators will help with the flow and sound good too. You can do the Brylcream mod (suitcase removal) and get the same effect. You best route is to get a good Cat Back system with a tuned X pipe or center muffler. The JBA system is the best for the buck.

For you basic intake, exhaust tuner mod you should be able to take about a half a second off your stock 1/4 mile time and run over 100 MPH. With headers you should shave another 3-4 tenths off and be in the 13.5's at around 105 MPH

With a single shot nitrous I'm running 12.8's at 110 MPH. I hope to see 12.5's at around 115 MPH with my 2 stage system ( Friday 11/2 should be the day) I have a K&N drop in filter in a SRT air box, FlashPaq Tuner, 180 T/stat, Cooling Fan Mod, Kooks L/T headers, Hi Flow Cats and JBA cat back exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts