Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This maybe a stupid question but I can not find any E-CutOuts for the stock exhaust that we have, I believe its 2.75", the only thing that can come close is the 2.5", do you know where I can get E-CutOuts for 2.75" or can I go with 2.5, Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I am kinda interested in e-cutouts myself. Can they cause any damage or trouble with the computer?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
This maybe a stupid question but I can not find any E-CutOuts for the stock exhaust that we have, I believe its 2.75", the only thing that can come close is the 2.5", do you know where I can get E-CutOuts for 2.75" or can I go with 2.5, Thanks!

If anything go with 3'' cutouts................you don't want to go smaller than the OD of your exhaust system. I have 3'' DMH e-cuts on my car; since stock, and love them.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Do these come with a switch? or do I need to provide one?

Also, where are the ones with the little hand held remote?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Here are a couple pictures that DMH emailed me to show the low profile cutouts on a Super Bee. They told me the round ones would have ground clearance issues but these won't.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Here are a couple pictures that DMH emailed me to show the low profile cutouts on a Super Bee. They told me the round ones would have ground clearance issues but these won't.
Thanks man, left a voice mail yestarday but still have not heard back from them, maybe I should just email them, I really want it right away :lol:

Do these come with a switch? or do I need to provide one?

Also, where are the ones with the little hand held remote?
They come with a pretty cool switch, they have a video on the web site how it works, and they show what the switch looks like.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YES!!!! Dave called me tonight, and I got mine ordered, honestly I don’t even know how much it cost me because I was so excited.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I am looking into getting the cutouts as well, does anyone know if they cause any warranty issues?

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am looking into getting the cutouts as well, does anyone know if they cause any warranty issues?
From what I understand is that it does not, but if the e-cutouts somehow was the reason of causing a problems to the car, then it would void the warrantee. Trust me I wouldn’t do anything to Void my brand new car so if I am doing it; it has to be ok lol.

My father keeps bothering me saying that I have to worry about the exhaust getting into the car and the heat may start a fire if it gets hot enough to the carpet inside the car. Is he just giving me bs, because I don’t see how any of that can be a problem, or do I need to put some kind of heat shield above it and worry about the exhaust getting into the car? Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you were sitting idling for a long period of time in an enclosed space than yes, you would get exhaust floating into the cabin of your car. Maybe you could get some if you drove for extended periods of time in stop and go traffic, but I don't think this would be the case. You would only open these up for racing and to show off for short bursts most of the time. As for the heat issue, I doubt it but if you were to put a heat shield just above the cutouts then you wouldn't have to worry at all. May be worth the extra time and money having the piece of mind imo.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Question?

What would happen if one of the solenoid valves sticks and does not open ... free flow on one side of the motor and not on other?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I believe they run $360 for the low profile.

Look at my pics, doesn't it appear that they are in fact below a heat sheild? And they have a lip that directs the exhaust downward. They seem well thought out to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What are the pro's and con's of having these cut outs?

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Pros: bada$$ sound, definite head turner, scares the crap outta once be potential racers, wins races WITHOUT racing, more high end power

Cons: Po Po bait, lose low end back pressure(IMO)
Stupid question but why is it bad if you "lose low end back pressure"? Does it help you get off the starting line quicker? Thanks

I drove my car for 5 hours today of stop and go traffic with the DMH lo-pro cutouts open..............NO PROBLEMS!!! NO WARRANTY ISSUES EITHER!!!
Very cool, when you get the e-cutouts for the SRT8, did it take them long to install?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Stupid question but why is it bad if you "lose low end back pressure"? Does it help you get off the starting line quicker? Thanks
My answer would be "yes." Normally more packpressure (not too much though) helps give you low end/mid range power. Less will normally take some of that low end away BUT help you in the higher rpm range.

This is why drag cars run open headers. You try to find out how your engine likes to BREATH based on what you use it for.

If you put large 3" exhaust on a stock small block it will normally feel like a dog on the low end. If you put 2.25" on, that will normally liven that baby up! Big HP motor and a big block will usually like 3" pipes
Generally speaking of course!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.