Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Our 2013 Chrysler 200 V-6 is E-85 compatible, it has different fuel lines from the tank to the injector rail as the ethanol can be corrosive over time. The injectors may be slightly different too (gaskets?). I "believe" the PCM is different than those used on a pure gas model since the performance maps have to be significantly adjusted when switching from one fuel to the other.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Marco:
What are you hoping to accomplish with the change? As Kraut mentions, there are E85 compatible parts that are included into an E85 capable system. The fuel lines and fuel pump are different. The control systems are more complex. They must be able to figure out what percentage of E85 you have added, and make adjustments so the engine will run safely.
E85 can produce as much performance as gasoline, but the mpg is less. You will use more for a given number of miles than you would with gasoline.

Don

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marco:
What are you hoping to accomplish with the change? As Kraut mentions, there are E85 compatible parts that are included into an E85 capable system. The fuel lines and fuel pump are different. The control systems are more complex. They must be able to figure out what percentage of E85 you have added, and make adjustments so the engine will run safely.
E85 can produce as much performance as gasoline, but the mpg is less. You will use more for a given number of miles than you would with gasoline.

Don
well I want to go E85 for performance so I’m wondering what exactly do I need new injectors? New fuel lines? New fuel pump?

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
As far as I know, the 5.7L Charger was never offered with E85 capability, so you would be doing this from the ground up. It would be one thing if there were factory parts you could buy to make the conversion. Unless you have money to burn, and no concern about getting that money back one day when you sell it, I would take another route. Adding a supercharger, or selling your R/T and buying a Scat Pack will get you another 105 hp, with a warranty, and resale value when you decide to move it down the road. If you have Googled this conversion, and come up nada, that is a clue.

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts