Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of dynomating the underside of my car, especially around the trunk area to eliminate the drone from my mufferless exhaust. I left the stock resonators on there thinking it would eliminate all the drone and it did except when its in the 1500-1700 rpm range it gives off this loud echoing drone in the cabin coming from the trunk area. I wanted to know if anyones successfully done this and if it worked before i go out and spend money on some dynomats and install them myself.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dont think you would want to put it under your car as the heat from the exhaust and road debris and various other things would take it off after a time. Now if you stripped out your trunk and did your whole trunk that would help! Ever since Ive done mine i have noticed the ride has been a bit quiter and im sure it will get better once I do the doors and the wheel tubs as well.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think you would want to put it under your car as the heat from the exhaust and road debris and various other things would take it off after a time. Now if you stripped out your trunk and did your whole trunk that would help! Ever since Ive done mine i have noticed the ride has been a bit quiter and im sure it will get better once I do the doors and the wheel tubs as well.
Well I am actually planning on buying a much cheaper substitute brand that is not quite Dynomat but highly comparable. this is called B-Quiet deadining material and is safe for high heat and under the car and hood. I dont plan on keeping this car for more than 3 years so i belive that it should last close to 5 years so durability is not a factor. I was gonna try and get as much under the trunk as possible as well as any area i can get inbetween the car and resonator i can so that it wont touch or be close enough to burn as the resonatyor gets hotter from the exhaust gasses. In your opinion will that make a difference? Im not much of an interior guy and would cringe at the thouhg of taking the inside apart to install on the floor.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
another option would be to look for a rubber hanger of a softer durometer. vibes are transfered through those as well...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts