Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know there are multiple threads debating this topic but I read through ALL of them and couldnt find exactly the information I was looking for. I got my exhaust depot mandrel bent system and had it installed, Its sooooooo loud, sounds louder than a V8 I love it!! the problem is my dad and mom dont. :/ So, I am looking for a way to reduce cabin noise without reducing what everyone outside of my car hears :) So, I need some sort of sound dampening material.

Where is the best place to put it to kill the drone? Trunk only? or do I need it in the doors, floors.. ect. Does it really reduce drone? Ive read some people say it doesnt help :/ I want to get my drone down to or near factory level. What material is the best? or are they all the same

If you guys could help me out it would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
dynamat is for stoping rattles in sheet metal. the drone you will always have because of its tone level. you would have to dynamat the entire car [every thing] and than go back over it with a sound barrier material. you will add aleast a hundred pounds to your car. they make foam barrier pading but thats a lot of work. think about how a sound proof room of a recording studio is done. 1 inch glass/spray foam on the walls/dry wall/then 3 inch padding. you cant kill the drone.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok than I guess killing it is out. :( Would those materials at least dampen it? not make it as loud?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts