Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What prices are we looking at to have our cars dyno tuned with the diablo?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Shoot a pm this way too please. I am very curious, but after heads and cam early next year that will be next. Thanks
BTW how we doin on getting some headers goin? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
X3, please PM me. I plan to have this done, already dynoed once but screwed it up, Had ESP on. I'm in Va.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was told $500

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I was told $500
That is correct... $499 includes 4 hours of Dyno Tuning which includes Unlimited Dyno Pulls, The CMR Tune, Instructions on using your Predator Properly and Complete Print Out. If you would like to break it down further, it is $125 an hour for 4 hours. To date, every car takes between 3-4 hours to properly tune. (These prices do not apply for Travel Tuning as there is more expense involved and not our dyno)

I look forward to seeing those members who have used our services to chime in and post their feelings in regards to our dyno tuning sessions.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
460 Posts
I wasn't knocking you guys so relax. Only stating what I was told. And, I don't need anyone to chime in thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wasn't knocking you guys so relax. Only stating what I was told. And, I don't need anyone to chime in thanks.
Damn...take it easy man. He was only trying to help you out.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Damn...take it easy man. He was only trying to help you out.
I am taking it easy. I was only stating how much I was told since people were asking. I was not trying to slam anyone or say anything bad. Do not read more into what is here. How is he trying to help me out?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Well worth the $500 if you are heavily modded. Not only will you gain in performance, but your car will be running much safer. Im very happy with my tune from PMT.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well worth the $500 if you are heavily modded. Not only will you gain in performance, but your car will be running much safer. Im very happy with my tune from PMT.
No, $500 to tune an almost stock Charger is too much IMO. Yes I will gain performance but I can do that with just the canned Diablo tune in the tuner. Plus, track times are where the $$ is. Dyno sheets with the numbers are just that. It's what the car does on the street/track is what is important.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Yep, thats why I said heavily. The handheld has the canned tunes for cars like yours. CAI and exhaust is what those tunes can handle, thats about it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yep, thats why I said heavily. The handheld has the canned tunes for cars like yours. CAI and exhaust is what those tunes can handle, thats about it.
But, the canned tune is not exactly right. And $500 for only a CAI and a set of flowmasters is more $$ than it should be. Thank you for continuing to make my point.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
So you believe its not worth making sure your car is tuned correctly? Im not following you. Whats not worth $500? The handheld or the CMR? For guys that spend thousands of dollars modding their cars to make them faster and stronger, $500 is well worth it. If all you have is a CAI, then why would you get it CMR tuned? Thats the point of the tunes that come with the handheld, they have been devoloped especially for those mods. Its all about what works for your particular plan. But Im sure you will disagree :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
So you believe its not worth making sure your car is tuned correctly? Im not following you. Whats not worth $500? The handheld or the CMR? For guys that spend thousands of dollars modding their cars to make them faster and stronger, $500 is well worth it. If all you have is a CAI, then why would you get it CMR tuned? Thats the point of the tunes that come with the handheld, they have been devoloped especially for those mods. Its all about what works for your particular plan. But Im sure you will disagree :)
No I bleieve in tuning your car becasue each car is different no matter what anyone says. I have ran too many bikes on the dyno to say different. Even with the same set ups. I am saying it's not worth $500 when you can have is done cheaper and get the saem result or maybe better. THAT IS ALL. The canned tunes are just that are are not 100% perfect. Again, refer to my opening statment. I hope this is clearer for you. Is it wrong to have a different point of view than you? Who says I disagree anyway. I am just choosing to say something different and last time I checked I could still do that. At least that is why I have been to Afganistan twice to support and defend this country so people can still speak freely.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
lol, you have a funny way of saying things.

$500 is the going rate from what Ive researched on CMR stuff. 4 hours of dyno time isnt cheap either.

Have a nice day

·
Registered
460 Posts
lol, you have a funny way of saying things.

$500 is the going rate from what Ive researched on CMR stuff. 4 hours of dyno time isnt cheap either.

Have a nice day
There is a place here in Va. near the Beach that will do a CMR tune for $300. So, I would say that $500 is not the going rate.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Well hope they offer a nice tune. Get what you pay for :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well hope they offer a nice tune. Get what you pay for :)
Yes, they do. I watched them tune it myself. And, for the record higher price does not mean better. If you believe that I have some ocean front property in Az. to sale you.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
How much are you askin for it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts