Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a couple of friends went to Lightning motorsports this weekend at Las Vegas International Speedway to do a group dyno. The shop does two runs on your car for $40 when in a group of 5 or more. Otherwise it is like $90 for three runs if by yourself.

I didn't do a baseline run before the Flowmaster exhaust and K&N intake, but it dynoed at 303hp at 5600rpms, and made 343ftlbs at 3800rpms. According to the dyno guy he suspects 365hp and 411ftlbs. Sorry I don't have a computer right now, so I couldn't scan and post the dyno sheet. So if the car really is 340hp and 390ftlb, then I got 25hp and 21ftlbs from the intake and exhaust. This appears to be a pretty good gain. I did the exhaust first and felt a nice gain, then going to an intake, made it feel really nice. I have heard that a lot of people say that the intake doesn't work, but I guess combined with a freeflowing exhaust the combo makes nice power. Always one with the other for best performance. Now I wish I had done a baseline run on the car.

Does anyone know about how much power is lost through the drivetrain on these cars. The dyno guy stated when compared to engine dynoes against there in the floor big giant tub dyno that there is about a 20% difference. I guess it all depends on the car. The guy said it is a Mustang dyno, which usually reads a little high, but I don't know too much about dynoes, except to use the exact same one that you check you mod gains with.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
imagine that with headers!!!!!!! oh yeah!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts