Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, her are the results of the dyno at ABACUS RACING in Virginia Beach virginia.

run004--Stock--Blue Run002--Predator--Red

Predator-303.9 rwhp 340.3 rwtq
stock-304.8 rwhp 334.8 rwtq
this showed that I was getting app 25HP and 30ft lbs above stock with my bolt-on mods.

The head tuner there was looking over all of the data, noted that the Predator basiclly unlocks the PCM and TCM for Helping the performance of the stock tune. with A/F and shifting upgrades, some timing adjustments. Does not increase HP or torque. He was impressed with the RWHP and TQ with the mods that I had done. They work mainly with Road racers there, but must dyno work is GM with some fords mixed in. He said that inorder for the Mustang GT's to get that kind of power they have to do Heads and cam w/headers and cats to get close to my RWHP and the same with the 5.3L GM. That Dodge was getting RW power with just the bolt-ons that I have was good. He liked the Charger. He said that now I needed a tuner to twick my canned ones. I just used the 93 w/cai, higher upshifts and limiter.

I do need help with my videos though. If someone will help me I have video and sound clips in Photobucket, but don't no how to transfer to here. I would love to here from Techs about this!!!
Air temp 82f Humidity 88%

·
Registered
342 Posts
Am I missing something? So you Dyno'd about 0.9rwhp LESS with the Predator tune?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK guys, her are the results of the dyno at ABACUS RACING in Virginia Beach virginia.

run004--Stock--Blue Run002--Predator--Red

Predator-303.9 rwhp 340.3 rwtq
stock-304.8 rwhp 334.8 rwtq
this showed that I was getting app 25HP and 30ft lbs above stock with my bolt-on mods.

The head tuner there was looking over all of the data, noted that the Predator basiclly unlocks the PCM and TCM for Helping the performance of the stock tune. with A/F and shifting upgrades, some timing adjustments. Does not increase HP or torque. He was impressed with the RWHP and TQ with the mods that I had done. They work mainly with Road racers there, but must dyno work is GM with some fords mixed in. He said that inorder for the Mustang GT's to get that kind of power they have to do Heads and cam w/headers and cats to get close to my RWHP and the same with the 5.3L GM. That Dodge was getting RW power with just the bolt-ons that I have was good. He liked the Charger. He said that now I needed a tuner to twick my canned ones. I just used the 93 w/cai, higher upshifts and limiter.

I do need help with my videos though. If someone will help me I have video and sound clips in Photobucket, but don't no how to transfer to here. I would love to here from Techs about this!!!
Air temp 82f Humidity 88%
http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/...no 10-23-07/?action=view&current=PA220030.flv

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/...no 10-23-07/?action=view&current=PA220029.flv

OK, I tried to do the video thing, hope it works.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Am I missing something? So you Dyno'd about 0.9rwhp LESS with the Predator tune?
Thats what it says, but made up in torque.??? Don't figger.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
did you take esp off...looks like its no improvement at all for what the diablo claims are. even with the preset tunes, i understand you still have to adjust fans setting and what not other wise the fans will be running all the time...

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you take esp off...looks like its no improvement at all for what the diablo claims are. even with the preset tunes, i understand you still have to adjust fans setting and what not other wise the fans will be running all the time...
I used the canned fan setting, I have a 180tstat, eng temp was 190 for pred runs and 202 with stock runs, yes, esp was off so they could do the runs with the front wheels locked down, otherwise hal would of went into limp mode.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I used the canned fan setting, I have a 180tstat, eng temp was 190 for pred runs and 202 with stock runs, yes, esp was off so they could do the runs with the front wheels locked down, otherwise hal would of went into limp mode.
so did i caculate this right...with stock and mods only you were at around 304 hp and with predator and mods you were still even hp wise but went up a bit in torque

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so did i caculate this right...with stock and mods only you were at around 304 hp and with predator and mods you were still even hp wise but went up a bit in torque
Thats about right. I am happy with what my mods have done over stock, but all predator does that I see is just unlock HAL so you can do more with shifting and such, but not on power, also do my videos with soundclips come up for you?? Please let me know.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If this is true then the programmer was a complete waste of money for your vehicle.... I think something is wrong with the set-up or the Dyno is not working properly, Just makes no sense...

You could just cut the power wire to the acellerometer and get the same results for free...

I need to look into this more!!:smoke:

·
Registered
507 Posts
this is disterbing info. . moma no . .

·
Registered
180 Posts
What does your seat-o-pants dyno tell you after the Tuner install?

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Thats about right. I am happy with what my mods have done over stock, but all predator does that I see is just unlock HAL so you can do more with shifting and such, but not on power, also do my videos with soundclips come up for you?? Please let me know.
yes they do... and thanks for posting this...:lol:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
to really learn the true results and problems people are having with the diablo...go to the diablo site forums... after reading all the problems and what not...especially the preset tunes running the fans all the time... unless you modified the settings which to me is no longer a preset tune... anyhoo, i decided not to get the diablo... basically, i don't want to f-bomb my car up:smoke:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was really considering getting the Diablo, but after this, I must say that I'm leaning more towards not jumping into it just yet. I hope someone from Diablo can add some encouraging words here or post a dyno of their own.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I was really considering getting the Diablo, but after this, I must say that I'm leaning more towards not jumping into it just yet. I hope someone from Diablo can add some encouraging words here or post a dyno of their own.
It's a tuner. This will be very handy for forced induction ect. but I imagine it's not going to throw up huge numbers on a basically stock motor. What it does do is give us the ability to throw blowers on and get the a/f & timing inline to run a safe setup. I don't know as I have not purchased one yet but I wouldn't think just leaning out the a/f and changing the shift points is going to give you much hp but should help in the 1/4 from taking HAL out of the mix.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Did you data log the Predator runs? The dyno only tells part of the story. You might be getting knock retard with the advanced timing, which pulls timing - possibly below stock, which would explain the numbers. It could be caused by any number of things - mainly bad gas (did you eat burritos before the run?) :)

I've used the Superchips, Mopar Performance PCM, B&G stage II, and now the Predator - and the Predator is definitely superior - although I now have a B&G custom Predator tune which is outrageous! My car is modded though, so it will certainly react differently to tunes.

·
Registered
443 Posts
im going to bet the tune didnt take. I know its an issue with some. But his A/F ratio is so much better with the predator...i dont know. I know that most are showing 15hp gains at the wheels no problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did you data log the Predator runs? ... You might be getting knock retard with the advanced timing, which pulls timing - possibly below stock, which would explain the numbers. It could be caused by any number of things - mainly bad gas (did you eat burritos before the run?) :)
Very good point, this does happen often. My buddies Vette had this problem and he had a "professional" tune his car!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts