Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car and had it dyno this afternoon. The car made 336.9 rwtq and 335.1 rwhp with the Diablo. Then i switched the computer and put in the B & G. The car made 351.8 rwtq and 347.1 rwhp. It might not be that much difference but at 3000rpm and up to 4800rpm the B & G made way more power, as much as 40 to 50 more hp and tq. The b&g is way better in the low end and in the over all. This was all done on a SuperFlow Windyn Dyno. This a 100% the HP and TQ. With a 30% loss to the rear wheels would make tis car close to 500 Crank Hp and 500 Crank Tq. :grin: I will now start on trying to make mid 400hp to the wheels on this dyno.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Cool too bad you did not do a baseline first, stock! Then you would have seen how much Diablo added over stock.

·
Registered
41 Posts
thank you,now i know the blank computer i bought wasn't in vein

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am located in va. The dyno that i used gives true #s. If i put it on a dyno that most people use it would make some where in the 400 + hp.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
"I am located in va. The dyno that i used gives true #s. If i put it on a dyno that most people use it would make some where in the 400 + hp."

What type of dyno is that?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
"I am located in va. The dyno that i used gives true #s. If i put it on a dyno that most people use it would make some where in the 400 + hp."

What type of dyno is that?
That was what I was thinking,the hp range i have seen on the Chargers is somewhere between 365-375hp stock.Seen mid to high 380s hp with bolt ons.
Remeber Dynos are mainly for tuning,so take that thing to the track and post some numbers:grin:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I took my car and had it dyno this afternoon. The car made 336.9 rwtq and 335.1 rwhp with the Diablo. Then i switched the computer and put in the B & G. The car made 351.8 rwtq and 347.1 rwhp. It might not be that much difference but at 3000rpm and up to 4800rpm the B & G made way more power, as much as 40 to 50 more hp and tq. The b&g is way better in the low end and in the over all. This was all done on a SuperFlow Windyn Dyno. This a 100% the HP and TQ. With a 30% loss to the rear wheels would make tis car close to 500 Crank Hp and 500 Crank Tq. :grin: I will now start on trying to make mid 400hp to the wheels on this dyno.
Wow:eek: I know that hp/tq numbers change between dynos but a 50-65hp difference:no: I guess the 400hp dyno has theres adjusted to show high numbers and the 336hp dyno has programmed to come up with low hp results.

You haven't gone to the track yet? I thought thats what you were going to do when people were doubting your 0-60 times??;)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
336HP is about 89hp less (425hp) then what dodge claims, I know thats crank hp is different from wheel hp and that power is lost threw the drive train, but 89 horses, thats alot.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Bone stock mine pulled a 338 hp / 320 TQ on a Mustang Dyno with SAE numbers. He's right in range with me and the two other SRT8s that dyno'ed with me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If B&G was cheaper and you didnt have to have your stock PCM flashed or if you didnt need to get a second PCM for service visits I would of got one of their tunes they are top notch I used to have one for my Dakota Rt way back....
I like the flexibility of the Diablo and the ability to put the tune back to stock for dealer visits. Plus i will be able to adjust for my upcoming mods without having to send my PCM back to Dave at B&G......

Jaybo

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SuperFlow Windyn Dyno

·
Registered
129 Posts
How much does a second PCM cost? And do you have to have just send it to B & G to have it done? Or is there some other Dodge programming that has to be done prior to sending it off?

gary

·
Registered
488 Posts
those numbers dont seem right at all for the Diablo ...assuming that stock numbers would of yielded less than 335rwhp ...say 310rwhp, just to justify an increase of atleast 25rwhp by the diablo chip with 93 tune ...thats a HUGE drivetrain loss over %25 ...that's ridiculous! I am assuming perhaps as you switch the ECU it might take some break in period each time ...even the B&G tune dyno numbers seem low for a reflash ...I don't think this was done right.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
those numbers dont seem right at all for the Diablo ...assuming that stock numbers would of yielded less than 335rwhp ...say 310rwhp, just to justify an increase of atleast 25rwhp by the diablo chip with 93 tune ...thats a HUGE drivetrain loss over %25 ...that's ridiculous! I am assuming perhaps as you switch the ECU it might take some break in period each time ...even the B&G tune dyno numbers seem low for a reflash ...I don't think this was done right.
x2.

·
Registered
856 Posts
x3

Somthing's not right for sure. Maybe the Predator didn't program and the tuning was stock for the first runs. That would make alot more sense, considering what Fix8ed wrote about his stock numbers being 338 rwhp..

·
Banned
206 Posts
These results are useless without at the very least seeing the HP and TQ curves, IATs, engine coolant temps, and AFR.

I'd also like to know what kind of CAI you're running. The Predator CAI file was tuned for a Mild Steel Air Hammer. I wouldn't be surprised if other kinds of intakes throw the tune off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I dynod mine with a Magnaflow catback and Mopar CAI and got 371 HP and 363 Torque at about 5500 rpm. I used DynoJet Research. And also they accidently left the AC on during the dyno run :confused:

·
Banned
206 Posts
I dynod mine with a Magnaflow catback and Mopar CAI and got 371 HP and 363 Torque at about 5500 rpm. I used DynoJet Research. And also they accidently left the AC on during the dyno run :confused:
No worries, it shuts off at WOT.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts