Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the 2007 Charger 5.7 R/T is rated at 340 bhp and i assume that is at the crank, right? What sort of at the rear wheel horsepower are people seeing with a bonestock RT on the dyno?

Finally, I just purchased a 2007 R/T with AWD and want to get a baseline power reading before I do any performance modifications. I've never owned an AWD car and never saw one on the dyno (all the dynos I've ever seen were rear wheel dynos). How do you dyno an AWD car?

Thx.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
stock 5.7's dyno anywhere from 260-300 HP. It mostly depends on which type of dyno you go to. Mustang dyno's give you the lowest readings (or so i've heard)

I'm not sure about the awd dyno, but i'm guessing you would just put the front wheels on, or all 4

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
you lose 17.5% of your horsies thru the drive train of these cars, RWD. even more on an AWD.

the RWD cars dyno around 280 or slightly above for the most part.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I' say pretty confidently RWHP is around 265-280

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I think 260s sound low. I think the average is about 275-285. I believe the drive train loss in these cars is some where around 18% which would put you at 278 or so.

·
Registered
934 Posts
my first dyno with only chip and CAI was 281. The guy tied it down wrong, he said it should have been around 290. After headers and cat I pulled 332. (mustang dyno)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I think 260s sound low. I think the average is about 275-285. I believe the drive train loss in these cars is some where around 18% which would put you at 278 or so.
as i said ;)

blacksax. the 332sounds about right, i was gonna say tho, with a chip and cai, 280 is not right, lest your got super jipped lol.

(edit: 332, which i just did the math on, comes out to 402 hp at the crank. wow. thats.... is taht right? or am i bunking my math somewhere)

being that jba system is sposed to be around 26 hp. cai is say... 7 give or take. chip is around 20-25. if you got a diablo with exhaust/cai.. chip is probably around 30 or more.

makes it 280+30+7+26... gives you 343.... close nuff. daman that does come out to over 400(416 to be precise) at the crank. how is that right? being that an srt is 425...

im getting these numbers by dividing RWHP by .825 . is that correct?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
We have an inhouse AWD Dyno and you will see more then a 15% loss in drivetrain cause of the AWD Options...

We have tried to dyno an AWD Magnum and were unsuccessful. Have found no definite answers on how to do so but it should be possible unless the Stock HAL computer has something to do with it...

Thanks
James

·
Registered
934 Posts
The way I did it was backwards. I took 415 minus 20 percent...it comes to around 330.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
same deal. thats. impressive i think.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
my first dyno with only chip and CAI was 281. The guy tied it down wrong, he said it should have been around 290. After headers and cat I pulled 332. (mustang dyno)
Are you saying you made 332 RWHP on a mustang dyno with just intake and headers? That would be about 360 RWHP on a dynojet. With Flashpaq, Intake, Longtube Headers, highflow cats & catbacks I only made 315 RWHP on a dynojet. Are you sure you don't have an SRT?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
dyno numbers can vary more than you can imagine. Try 45rwhp difference from one dyno to another. Mustang dynos are not always low, we have a heads/cam 6.1 car making 457rwhp on a mustang dyno, I cant imagine it is making more than that on a dynojet, but who knows.

·
Registered
898 Posts
i made 284rwhp and 345rwtq with all my mods on a dynojet :lol:

·
Registered
934 Posts
When I got the 332 I had everything on the car....flashpaq, headers, mids, cat, CAI, 180 thermo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts