Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't alot about this, but was wondering what is a reasonable price to have your charger dyno'd to see how much improvements in HP your mods have given? What do they do? How long does the process take?

jweland

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Got mine dynoed in Anderson, SC. Cost me $50 and took a couple hours. I did the 'driving' on the dyno. Had to make several calls to find which fuses to disengage. Ended up being #30 and #17 for ESP BAS stuff. Still couldn't get past the speed limiter though. I think their normal rate is $115 per hour or there is a 'so much per run' charge. I got a slightly reduced cost because (1) I was the first charger (2) We were working together to disengage ESP (3) A learning experience for the both of us. Great guys and the shop there...Versoch Racing..Hope I spelled that right. Anyway, you won't be able to get past the 127mph limiter until software is cracked. :whistle:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what were your results? Did you do it stock, or post mods? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My only mod is forza-flow mufflers with no resonators. Other than that it is stock. Max Power was 249.4 rwhp and 305.2 Max Torque. Now you have to remember it was up to these numbers...and still climbing...when the speed limiter cut in at 127mph and acceleration stopped. After programmers come out to disengage the limiter I am, of course, going back. The HEMI had a lot more in her when the limiter cut power.

·
Registered
608 Posts
FinishLine Performance near me charges $90. for 2 dyno runs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, this might be a stupid question, if the hemi has 340-350 hp why isn't it dynoing at that? I know nothing about this really, so please educate me. Thanks.

jweland

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The advertised hp is at the engine. Dyno's will give you rear wheel horsepower. You loose some of your horsepower through the tranny, driveshaft, rearend, rear axle, etc. on its way to the wheels. (I am not a pro on this :wink: ) When mine was done, GSMotorsports, via a telephone call, said they had gotten about 265 rwhp. On a stock Charger I believe, but not sure.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HIGH_HEMI said:
My only mod is forza-flow mufflers with no resonators. Other than that it is stock. Max Power was 249.4 rwhp and 305.2 Max Torque. Now you have to remember it was up to these numbers...and still climbing...when the speed limiter cut in at 127mph and acceleration stopped. After programmers come out to disengage the limiter I am, of course, going back. The HEMI had a lot more in her when the limiter cut power.

So does that mean your Forza-flow mufflers reduced your stock rwhp by 15hp since you dyno'dat 249.4rwhp? I'm confused. thanks for clarifying.

jweland

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
No, it doesn't mean I lost power. I am sure I have gained power by the engine being able to breath better than the stock muffler setup. What the 249rwhp means is I wasn't able to register any more due to the engine stopping acceleration because of the speed limiter built into the Charger. It simply acts as a speed governor and when the car hits 127 it literally starts acting like you are coasting (about the best way to explain it). And you took your foot off the gas. The graph from the dyno showed a continuous climb and was still climbing when the governor took affect. I'm looking into the GS Motorsports mod that JohnnyG had posted a while back to bypass the limiter. Hope that helps....a littlel maybe. :happy:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it does, thanks. Do you have the standard R/T, or with the Road & Track performance package.? I have the perf. package and I haven't hit the limiter yet. Only had her to about 135 or so but then ran out of road and had to slow down. From reading, I've heard it's about 145, so I'm wondering why your's is 127. I thought 127 was the limiter for the 3.5 liter. Thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Mine is the standard package. Limiter is correct...or at least it had better be.... :whistle:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts