Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here installed the Dynatech SuperMAXX Performance Headers? Looking into them but i'm wondering if there are any issues and very concerned about them throwing codes. Anybody with experience?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I think just about any longutubes will throw codes, but who cares now. Diablo can get rid of them. Just buy slp, they sound amazing.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The mopar headers don't throw codes. What's the reason is what i'm wondering.
im thinking it's because the airflow is within the tolerance range of the 02 Sensors. I remember reading/hearing about the Mopars throwing codes...never on mine, but im pretty sure it has happened.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
We've installed them here and haven't had any reported problems with codes. I find that some people will get a code with certain headers and other won't with the same brand. Mopar makes mid-length headers for the Hemi while the Dynatech are long tubes. If you thinking about going with these soon, we have a group purchase running until Thursday. It's probably the lowest price that I've seen for a good quality long tube package.

Have a good day!

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR OUR EVERYDAY LOW PRICE POLICY!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
because the mopars are mid length, not full

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had them on my GTO and had an awesome gain. Did a before and after dyno. I think I grabbed 30ish more horses. I'd have to look at the graphs again. When I start looking at LTs I will most likely get the Dynatech unless there is a good reason not to. If you're getting LTs you should get a pred also. Don't worry about throwing the O2s you can just tune them out.

BTW- They threw the O2s on my GTO.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's one you might not have thought of. Everyone keeps saying don't worry about the check engine light the predator tunes it out. well what happens when it goes in for warranty work? You need to reflash the OEM program right? What happens when the dealer sees that light? I would think if your headers throw a code that's enough to get them out of warranty repair on the motor saying something along the lines of the headers caused the engine to run incorrectly and blow up or whatever and here's the proof. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Here's one you might not have thought of. Everyone keeps saying don't worry about the check engine light the predator tunes it out. well what happens when it goes in for warranty work? You need to reflash the OEM program right? What happens when the dealer sees that light? I would think if your headers throw a code that's enough to get them out of warranty repair on the motor saying something along the lines of the headers caused the engine to run incorrectly and blow up or whatever and here's the proof. Any thoughts?

Just having the headers installed is enough for the dealer to void your warranty more less the CEL light... I would stay with the AEM or Mopar headers to reduce any worries of CEL or engine issues.

James

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just having the headers installed is enough for the dealer to void your warranty more less the CEL light... I would stay with the AEM or Mopar headers to reduce any worries of CEL or engine issues.

James
that's what i'm starting to lean toward. I've read an amazingly high number of header threads and they all come out the same. shorties increase low end and long tubes increase top end.... mopar are basically mid tubes. looks like the best of both worlds..... almost like the engineers knew what they were doing:confused: ...... with a dodge...... never seen that happen before.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
that's what i'm starting to lean toward. I've read an amazingly high number of header threads and they all come out the same. shorties increase low end and long tubes increase top end.... mopar are basically mid tubes. looks like the best of both worlds..... almost like the engineers knew what they were doing:confused: ...... with a dodge...... never seen that happen before.

Actually AEM does alot of development for companies like Dodge and Toyota these days and sells the rights to the manufacturers... We have the AEMs right now for $949 delivered...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hmmmm. Oh well. Does anyone know if you disable the rear 02 sensor with the Diablo will you still pass an emission test? (not a tailpipe sniffer, OBDII test)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.