Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dynatech shows a Dodge Magnum but these will also bolt onto the Charger and Chrysler 300C. Also covers all of the 2006 models. One person dynoed a 34hp/56ft-lb torque improvement with this package.

They don't have a package for the SRT-8 yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hmmm, me likey long tubes . . .

Have to put the car on my lift and see how much of a beatch the install looks like it will be . . . :whistle: :happy:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
on Tom's website it says $1399..... now seeing as how Tom discounts for web forum members... probably looking at $1398 :D

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
are they the ceramic coated headers? a guy over at lxforums bought the ceramic and has his sheets on the website....35hp and 50 torque...its on a magnum....not bad at all in my books!

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One package includes the headers, Y-pipe and cats while the other is headers only with reduces. Most people go with the complete package. Haven't put a set on a Charger yet but I expect the installation time to be between 4-5 hours. The headers are uncoated stainless steel but that can be coated.

We are offering 10% off all headers this week so that can save you some $.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reduces will allow you to mate the header's collectors up to the rest of the factory exhaust.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tom,

Same hold true for the "performance" exhaust on the Daytona's? Meaning with the reducers hook up to that also? Just because the freer flowing exhaust on the Daytona is supposed to be better than the stock system on the R/T.

·
Registered
96 Posts
tbyrne said:
The headers are uncoated stainless steel but that can be coated.
Why would you want to coat stainless headers?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Stonebreaker said:
Why would you want to coat stainless headers?
How it was explained to me is that the ceramic coating on the header tube allows two things to happen. First, the coating keeps reduce the amount of heat that "escapes" from the tubes. Keeping the heat of the exhaust contained within the tube allows for better convection which helps draw the exhaust out the chamber (better flow). The second benefit is that since more heat is trapped in the tube and goes out the tail pipe, there is a reduction of engine compartment heat.

When I get headers, they will be coated. More for the second reason than the first.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
good explanation...i want the ceramic coating so my question to tom is how much more are the headers with the coating and do you have the headers available now or are they on backorder like everyone else?

thanks,
scott

·
Registered
31 Posts
i'm possibly getting my r/t this weekend(if i can find a dealer than has one in black with sunroof and the performance seats), and I am definatly going to inviest my money into getting these headers, and possibly get them coated, if i can find someone close enough to do it...

if they perform as well as everyone says they do, they will be a VERY welcome addition to the car, along with the custom exhaust i'm having bent :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Thermo-Tec Exhaust Insulating Wrap

anyone know if this helps as much as advertisements say it does? i wonder if going with headers with the wrap is any different (worse/better) than the ceramic coating? i have found the wrap to come in white and graphite black

here is one website http://www.autobarn.net/exinwrbyth.html

what do people think? dynatech headers wrapped or dynatech headers coated?

·
Registered
7 Posts
DO NOT get header wrap. all it does is trap moisture under it and lead to premature header failure. do it right or don't do it at all (ceramic coating, that is). if the headers are 304 stainless steel, you can probably get away with leaving them as-is. the horsepower differences will be negligible compared to the cost (looking at about $400+). however, if it is the cheaper 409 stainless steel, then i would advise you to invest in good ceramic coating (either the factor stuff, or send them to jet-hot).

if it's 304 stainless, you may eventually (probably) get some discoloration of the tubes, but if you're not looking under the hood often, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
the hardest part about getting the ceramic coating is that it's more time waiting around for the headers to come in so i can install them....just impatient i guess.

thanks for info, i am going to stop thinking about it and just do the ceramic headers!

not till next couple of months though, i have my eibach sportline springs coming in tomorrow so that is next big install. i put in the daytona grill tonight while my wife was helping set up a yard sale. it is killing me b/c i am still waiting on my charger emblem, should be here next week around wed. so that will feel completed...it just doesn't feel done.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can check stock on these Monday. I'll also see what we are getting to have them coated (don't sell many like this). I've used the header wrap in the past. It can be... ok but I'd rather have the headers coated. Plus you don't want to breath that stuff in when your wrapping.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts