Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have never used automotive dye for plastics, or really ANY dye. I am planning to dive in next month and superbee the interior unless I say heck with it and just pay a company to do it (But whats the fun in that) sooooo....
I am soliciting advice tips or tricks from anyone who has used dye on plastics. Yall know what I'm doin, but I dont know how to do it. So, lets get the info together folks!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Gonna keep my eye on this one.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Well TBY... I know that you will figure it out and it will look great!!! Everything that you have done to you ride is jaw dropping, so I know this will turn out just the same. Just dont forget to call me so I can come over and check it out!!!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess its time to start searching for my own answers. I guess I'll start on stuff that I can buy from MPSC in case I screw it up.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
The dye they use in the factory parts is injected into the plastic as it is in liquid form to ensure evenness of color. It will be very hard for you to dye plastic seeing how it is already hardened and molded, also color will not match very well at all. There is no real easy way to do this other than order the superbee parts or paint yourself, which I promise you will regret if it is not done tediously and properly. Another option would be to get vinyl wrap around the door panels, ect... I doubt you would want to do this to the whole interior, the vinyl would look out of place on some parts such as glove box and underneath the steering wheel. Whatever you choose to do good luck, but dying is not going to give you good results.

·
Registered
89 Posts
go to airbrush.com and ask around about the process of painting or dying plastics, chances are they will tell you to use bulldog adhesion promoter. im sure someone there will help.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked at those, and was hoping to save a few bucks. Plus, door panels are like 200 a door. I would rather buy LT's. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.