Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got first hand knowledge about "Dustless Pads" for the SRT8??
I had EBC "Green Stuff" on my 2000 Turbo Beetle and on my 2005 Crossfire Roadster and was extremely satisfied with them.
I tried the Porterfield version on my Crossfire Coupe and they held the dust down, but didn't enhance the braking like the EBC.

Before I go EBC (maybe RED this time) I thought I would throw my question to all you experts.
REMEMBER (please) tell me what you HAVE and the Positive and Negative...............not what you heard from someone that knows someone, etc,etc,etc............

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I HAVE the posi quiets, and they work perfect. Extremely small amount of pad dust. And a good price as well. My friend has the Porterfields on his SRT8 Jeep, and they stay very clean as well. But pricey. Braking with the Centrics seems as good as the OEM
pads, but then I don't thrash on my car so I can't tell you how they would work at a track. I did however really put the pedal to the
floor when bedding them in, and they can just about put you through the windshield.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, they do:) I do, as do Maryland SRT-8 and a few others around. I've had my Centri Posi-Quiets for maybe a month now. Love them. Mr. D, are you on base?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i had ebc red stuffs and ebc slotted rotors on my integra and never had a problem with brake dust, it was great having to spend so much less time cleaning my wheels. and just so you know EBC is also brembo or at least my EBC rotors have brembo stamped on them so its comming frokm a great name in brakes

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Tell ya what, Mr D. If you can hold off that long, wait til the SRT TE. The night before you leave, wash your rims. I'll do the same. When we meet there, we'll compare dust levels. Whaddya think?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had ebc red stuffs and ebc slotted rotors on my integra and never had a problem with brake dust, it was great having to spend so much less time cleaning my wheels. and just so you know EBC is also brembo or at least my EBC rotors have brembo stamped on them so its comming frokm a great name in brakes
Since I have had EBC on two different cars and had positive results, I'm sticking with them.
Thanks for the imput. I just wanted to see if there was anything NEW NEW that blew EBC away. From what I gather noone has had any bad experience with any of the different brands.
RED STUFF in route, as we speak.....................

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Tell ya what, Mr D. If you can hold off that long, wait til the SRT TE. The night before you leave, wash your rims. I'll do the same. When we meet there, we'll compare dust levels. Whaddya think?
Thanks for the comparison offer but I have always been a bit impatient.
My EBC test on the Beetle was to clean them and drive to Englishtown, NJ for Waterfest. We DROVE HARD all the way, I mean like the saying.....
Drive it like you stole it!!!
When I got there I ran my finger across the rim and the amount of dust on the wheel was so little I didn't even have to wash that finger! Of course, I wiped the wheels down anyway!!
But we can compare my dustless to yours anyway!!

Second........have you decided when you are driving up?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'll be bringing my brake dust along and would love to see a first-hand comparison between stock and other brands of pads.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell Ya Whut I Gonna Do!!!

I'll be bringing my brake dust along and would love to see a first-hand comparison between stock and other brands of pads.
I have about 225 miles on the tank of gas in the car. And the wheels were clean when I filled up. I just had the pads changed yesterday. You will see fingerprints on the wheels from the shop.
I will take a picture of my wheels BEFORE I wash them AND..................
I'll drive the EXACT distance and post a picture.
PLUS.................
This is the "SHOWDOWN"................
We have three SRT8s that are driving together to the SRT Track in PA next month.
One with Posi-Quiets
One with EBC "Red Stuff"
One stock
I will take photos at Start, During the Trip and When we get there.
Then we will really have a "Comparison".
-JD

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, I'll wash mine before I leave also. Same distance, same car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Why do I get the feeling that I'll be outside the motel cleaning my wheels while others are tipping back an icy cold refreshment?????????

I'll clean my wheels before I leave on Friday and it's 200 miles to the motel from here. I should have a nice dust build-up ready for everyone! I'll be the one outside with a bucket of water and some rags. :knockout:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
No, dont clean them the night before (Friday night at the hotel)!!! I wont be seeing you guys til Sat morning. Google shows 350ish miles for us.

·
Registered
194 Posts
No, dont clean them the night before (Friday night at the hotel)!!! I wont be seeing you guys til Sat morning. Google shows 350ish miles for us.
Don't worry. I won't clean them on Friday night. I was just trying to be a little funny with that statement I made.

You can bet that I'll have a nice buildup of dust after only 200 miles and you all will hardly have any after 350. I can't wait to see the comparison.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
First Comparison

Remember I said I would take a pic after 225 miles with the new pads??
Well it's been 350 miles but you can get the idea. Bad part is that this includes the "Breakin" of the pads and they will put out more dust at the initial usage than they will later...................
BUT here are pics of the Front and rear wheels with STOCK Pads after 225 miles
Cleaned Squeeky Clean..............
and EBC "RedStuff" Pads after 350 miles.................

Of course the "BIG SHOWDOWN" will be next month.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Try to get a little closer when you take the new pics.
I don't think I can wait a whole month but good luck, have fun and drive safe.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Well, washed the car, as a matter of fact, thats where I was going after I saw you, Mr. D:) Nice plates, BTW. Ive reset my mileage, so I'll take a pic of 350 miles on my less-dust pads:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts