Charger Forums banner

Dumb question about applying multiple coats of wax

13K views 40 replies 25 participants last post by  Punisher69 
#1 ·
I know, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask, but...

I hear people mention applying multiple coats of wax. My question is do you do this after wiping down the first layer or do you apply X coats then wipe off with microfiber towel?

Thanks
-J

#5 ·
yeah u don't want to put on more than one coat at a time. technically u shouldn't even let it fully dry (depending on the wax) but the professional waxes u just let it sit for a couple of minutes not getting fully dry so u obviously wouldn't put on another coat because it would completely dry.

#6 ·
only 1 coat at a time. i never do 2 coats back to back. No point unless u have cheap wax.

#7 ·
Maybe they are talking about putting on a layer of a polish after a coat of wax..

I used to polish my Nissan after waxing to make the black really shine.. Now the color was super black which was NOT a metallic so it needed all the help it could get...

But I can't see putting on another coat of wax on top of a new coat of wx either... But maybe I am missing something here...

#8 ·
I have layered two coats of wax. It does make a noticeable difference in depth of the shine. I'll do one coat, wipe it down, wait 24 hours, then do the next coat.

Cheers,

#9 ·
Putting on multiple coats of wax is what I usually try to do(time permitting).If you start at the front of the car doing a section at a time by the time you are back around to the front again the first coat will be set. I use to do 1-2 coats of cleaner wax and sometimes 2-3 coats of sealer/glaze. Awesome shine, depth and clarity. And alot of elbow grease!!!;)

#12 ·
As a professional detailer myself. it's not really necessary to apply multiple coats of wax unless:
1: You don't know how to use the wax
2: Cheap Wax
3: All of the above LOL

I only put one coat of wax but that's after...washing the car really good, clay, polish then wax...... As you can see it's a process....so don't count that as multiple coats of wax! :p
The new stuff from Mguiars is amazing....the new spray and Tech 2.0 is just so easy to use and give better results than ever....even better than Zaino. Yep, I've said it! :p

#18 ·
Yes....but if you don't want to use the paste....the spray itself is just amazing too. I mean Jesus....I spent like 5 or 10 minutes last night.....gave my car a quick shower of that....OMG.......that thing was so shiny...........WOW!!!! Meguiars came up with a great line up....NXT 2.0 and Spray 2.0= Professional Detail at half the price and TIME!! :p

My whole detailer shop now is using that....and my guys are just loving it! :p

#20 ·
I used to wax my vehicles once a month and put 3 coats on each time. I found out that I was defeating the purpose, cause I was only putting wax on wax, not on the finish. I still wax once a month, but only put 1 coat of a good wax on (such as NTX 2.0). Great product.

#23 ·
SXT, Thanks I'll try the nxt 2.0.I do not want to spend all day anymore myself. That was the reason I tried the liquid Ice but I did not like it due to poor gloss/ shine.

#24 ·
Anytime buddy! :p Be sure also to check out the quick spray ultimate detailer. That thing is just amazing too!!! OMG what am I saying.....just try it for yourself and you will see what I mean!! Mirror Finish for a long time! :p

#26 ·
Is the NXT 2.0 stuff like/the same as/better than the Turtle Wax ICE? Having a black car, I REALLY like the fact that the ICE is clear, can be used on plastic, and doesn't leave any residue.

I used the Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer last night and was VERY impressed.

#27 ·
Hell yes it is!!! Not only 10x better but it's really safe for plastic. Trust me on that! Residue with this wax...is a thing of the past. Also the ultimate quick wax is safe for all surfaces.

#29 ·
13 yrs later......

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Web page

#31 ·
👍🏻👍🏻

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.