Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I had true dual with flowmaster 40 series on my old sxt. I loved the sound. And the new owner seems to love it too. But keep in mind the drone inside the car was LOUD.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The inside i dont want too loud. but i want the outside loud. Im thinking on just getting a muffler and worry about the dual pipes down line when i get the money. what do you think?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Cherry bomb full exhaust sounds great, or Borla is THE BEST if you have deep pockets.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I customized an OEM RT exhaust and put it on my '10. Sounded good and clean. Not really loud, but no drone either. No ricey fart can sound either. Here's a link to the thread I made on the build → Exhaust thread

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
I had a 2008 SXT that I added exhaust from an R/T.

Unfortunately, the previous owners removed the resonators, so I did have the drone at certain speeds/RPM's!

Other than that, I enjoyed the sound of it!

If you can find you a 100% stock R/T exhaust, you could try that first! If you don't like the sound, you could change out the mufflers but leave the resonators.

You can usually find R/T exhaust for free or very little.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey im new here and I've had my '10 charger sxt for about 2 years now. I want to put dual exhausts on her but i have no idea which ones, I know i want it to be loud but not ridiculously loud. and suggestion would help
Hi dodgeman88,

Our cat-back system (part #140197) will give your Charger SXT a more aggressive, throatier sound, without being overly loud. This system comes with dual 4.25" X 3.5" polished tips, is made of high quality, 300-series austenitic stainless steel, and comes with our Million Mile Warranty. I’ve included a video link below to a Charger SXT with our exhaust system installed on it. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at 805-986-8600. Happy motoring!

VIDEO: Borla - Dodge Charger SXT

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm probably buying an R/T exhaust kit tonight! As luck would have it someone just posted it on Craigslist ($100) so I'm going to check it out. I figure if I want more sound afterwards, I'll do the resonator eliminate.

I was saving up for the Pypes Street Pro kit (SMC12S.) Looks like a good kit with the sound I'm looking for. Check out http://pypesexhaust.com/i-13475221-06-10-charger-v6-dual-cat-back-system-smc12.html and click on the additional images If you're looking for sound the violator kit is probably what you're looking for. Youtube has clips with before/after exhaust upgrades. I suggest you look there too.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Flowmaster American Thunder? Or you could remove the suitcase and replace the resos with cherrybomb or thrush glasspacks? Just an idea.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like your idea get an RT stock exhaust system i see them for around $100 on CL even daytona stock ones and if you don't like it go from there..

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a 2010 sxt & a 2007 RT/r&t, put magnaflow cat back on RT & swapped out oe duals to my sxt, looks factory & sound nice too, not TOO loud , but not throaty either, it works easy & was inexpen$ive!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
747 Posts
i want something thats throaty while idling and loud when im driving.
Gonna need a V8 if you want loud and throaty all the time. Any exhaust for a V6 that is like that will sound like a fart can. My very best recommendations: Borla, Magnaflow, Cherry Bomb, Straight piping/y-piped to dual tips.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm probably buying an R/T exhaust kit tonight! As luck would have it someone just posted it on Craigslist ($100) so I'm going to check it out. I figure if I want more sound afterwards, I'll do the resonator eliminate.

I was saving up for the Pypes Street Pro kit (SMC12S.) Looks like a good kit with the sound I'm looking for. Check out http://pypesexhaust.com/i-13475221-06-10-charger-v6-dual-cat-back-system-smc12.html and click on the additional images If you're looking for sound the violator kit is probably what you're looking for. Youtube has clips with before/after exhaust upgrades. I suggest you look there too.

Hey! I just bought the pypes streetpro and I don't know if I need to buy an extra heat plate

1 - 17 of 17 Posts