Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I got my charger, thinking about some simple mods to either make it look better or sound meaner. I'm considering the cat back from mopar when it becomes available here in maybe a month. Don;t even have any info on pricing yet. I know it'll look awesome, but my question is if it'll increase mieage or power. Anyone already have one on their V6 and can tell me how it sounds? Thanks in advance.

Got to take a picture when its not raining. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
You might want to check out 300cforums.com. they have a member that put the zoomers dual exhaust system on his 3.5 300. that thing definitely sounds mean.
probably the meanest V6 you will ever hear. or you can check out zoomersexhaust.com for pricing and avalibility.

John

·
Registered
755 Posts
SOLD! said:
Now that I got my charger, thinking about some simple mods to either make it look better or sound meaner. I'm considering the cat back from mopar when it becomes available here in maybe a month. Don;t even have any info on pricing yet. I know it'll look awesome, but my question is if it'll increase mieage or power. Anyone already have one on their V6 and can tell me how it sounds? Thanks in advance.

Got to take a picture when its not raining. LOL
Thanks Chrgerfan for the passing on the info about Zoomers. Here is the thread and page you'll find the video of the V-6 3.5 we did for a local SoCal Guy "INK" on the 300C forums. I think you'll like it. http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7674&page=3&pp=10&highlight=Zoomers

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks Chrgerfan for the passing on the info about Zoomers.

Your Welcome :rockon:

John

·
Registered
76 Posts
Checked with my dealer this weekend on the Mopar dual exhaust and got good news and bad news....The good news is that their computer has the part number and price ($426) :rockon: The bad news is that there is no availability date yet :sad:

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
My dealer is in the process of ordering the exhaust system for me. They are giving me a 10% discount, and I have a $25 rebate from MOPAR. That will put my exhaust at about $350 plus installation. I'm going to try to have them install it for free...wish me luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey ChargerSXT,

How'd you get them to give you a 10% discount? and what time frame did they give you. A dealer from NJ told me to try again next month for the parts to become available in their system. Have you heard if the exhaust will increase HP or just noise?

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Frankies3.5 said:
Hey ChargerSXT,

How'd you get them to give you a 10% discount? and what time frame did they give you. A dealer from NJ told me to try again next month for the parts to become available in their system. Have you heard if the exhaust will increase HP or just noise?
Frankie,

I've been bugging my dealer for months now (so much that my wife has appologized for/about me to them numerous times). When I called yet again earlier this week, the nice lady in the parts department said that she will keep putting in the order until it is accepted. She hoped that I would have it by the end of the month, but she didn't have a firm time frame (afterall, the exhaust was supposed to be available back in July).

As for the discount, I didn't ask for it. When she said that she would keep trying to put in the order, she also told me that she would give me the discount (possibly to keep me from bugging her so much).

I haven't heard anything about possible gains (hp, torque, sound) from the exhaust, but I'm assuming that there will be some benefits since it is a freer-flowing exhaust than the stock single system. I believe that the system is made by Borla, which would be a good thing. Personally, I like the look most of all.

Also, on a side note, the Volant CAI system should be ready by mid-September (according to an email that I received from their service/tech department). Therefore, I hope to have my dual exhaust and CAI on by the end of the month. :D

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Frankie,

I'm not 100% sure (maybe someone else can answer for sure), but I believe that you should be able to take the exhaust to any shop to have it installed...as long as they are willing to install something that wasn't purchased through them (I've experienced that in the past).

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
DutchMaster said:
I pciked up my Exhaust (Magnaflow) and Air Intake (K&N Typhoon) from:

http://www.premiertruckaccessories.com/

I just think its awesome that my car is so mean, I can buy parts for it at a truck acceessories site. :)
Was this for the V6 or the HEMI? I looked on their site and didn't see anything listed for the V6.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Flame me away.

V6 with loud exhaust sounds good at idle only. Hit the gas, and it's a joke. Why don't you just put cardboard strips in the wheel spokes like we all did as kids with our bicycles.

Performance increase? Better to save up for a supercharger and intercooler. But please, keep a big, fat, quiet muffler on it to keep from embarrasing yourself. No amount of tire smoke and squeal can make up for that goofy sound.

Sorry; the truth hurts sometimes. At least in the Charger, you look good! But please, don't think the V6 can ever sound good.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
1RTw/RT4ME said:
Flame me away.

V6 with loud exhaust sounds good at idle only. Hit the gas, and it's a joke. Why don't you just put cardboard strips in the wheel spokes like we all did as kids with our bicycles.

Performance increase? Better to save up for a supercharger and intercooler. But please, keep a big, fat, quiet muffler on it to keep from embarrasing yourself. No amount of tire smoke and squeal can make up for that goofy sound.

Sorry; the truth hurts sometimes. At least in the Charger, you look good! But please, don't think the V6 can ever sound good.
This is f'n nonsense. You can make a V6 sound good. It isn't easy, though, and it will never sound like a V8, but you can make it sound good.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
1RTw/RT4ME said:
Flame me away.

Dude.....you definitely have issues. Are you one of those who NEED the Hemi to compensate for "other inadequacies?".......JK..... :lol:

As far as the points you made:

- Do I want my car to be "loud"...no. Better sounding...yes. Better looking with dual chrome exhaust tips...yes. Do I think that it will ever sound like a V8...no. And yes, FYI, a V6 can sound good.

- Performance increase. Possibly. If a free-flowing exhaust (and CAI) system can increase performance on a V8 (even if it is minor), why won't it on a V6 (even if it is on a smaller scale)? Every little bit helps, right? Would I like to have a turbo or supercharger...Definitely! But I think that it'll be a while before something like that is available for the 3.5.

Show a little love for your V6 brethern! :happy:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
1RTw/RT4ME said:
Flame me away.

take it easy - we are all charger lovers....can't the v6 and hemi guys live in peace and harmony....it still bleeds charger....lol (oh it will add performance increases - look to the honda guys that mod the hell out of their v6 accords for more power - it works!!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey,

I have the SXT, and very very happy with it. I always thought dual exhausts look way cooler than single (I wouldnt be suprised if dodge just made it standard in the future).
I have taken a look at the dual mods on a 3.5L on www.zoomersexhaust.com.,
Sounded pretty mean to me. Bottomline, if you are happy with your charger thats what counts. V6 or V8, we are all charger fans.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Frankies3.5 said:
Hey,

I have the SXT, and very very happy with it. I always thought dual exhausts look way cooler than single (I wouldnt be suprised if dodge just made it standard in the future).
I have taken a look at the dual mods on a 3.5L on www.zoomersexhaust.com.,
Sounded pretty mean to me. Bottomline, if you are happy with your charger thats what counts. V6 or V8, we are all charger fans.
case closed!! go get your exhaust man....hey out of a strange curiosity does the r/t stock exhaust fit the v6 exhaust....if so i have a r/t stock exhaust for a few beers and a drive to louisiana!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts