Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 SXT Charger 3.5
Does anyone know of a kit to change the rear end gear to lower the overall ratio? I want more rpms for a given speed throughout all the gears.
Also, is there any problems changing the final drive ratio as far as pissing off the cars computer or transmission?
This is a great automatic transmission IMO. Its just pulling too tall a gear for the way my motor runs. Gas Mileage is of no concern. I just want more faster better! And since 5th gear is worthless except for freeway gas mileage I figure I can drop the final drive a bit and get the car to pull better.

Jeff

2007 SXT Charger
Torred and Black. Added rear black spoiler, black mirrors.
Hotchkis Springs, Koni stuts and shocks
Dimpled and slotted rotors. EBC Red pads.
20inch wheels. Cooper Zeon RS3-A 245 45 20
CAI K&N
71mm Throttle Body
JBA Shorty Headers
Borla Cat Back Dual Exhaust
Catch Can
Diablo Predator 91 Octane Tune

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
You'll definitely need to change the gears in the computer, (use an InTune or Predator) the car will go into limp mode with a gear change and no correction.

I believe the 5 speed has the 3.06 gears.

Not sure if it has the same diff as the R/T.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98244

·
Registered
747 Posts
Johnny has got some solid info for ya. But stock, I'm 90% sure the R/T has 2.82 gears.

But, you could get the NAG tranny in the SXTs? That is freakin' awesome... Learn something new every day.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Johnny has got some solid info for ya. But stock, I'm 90% sure the R/T has 2.82 gears.

But, you could get the NAG tranny in the SXTs? That is freakin' awesome... Learn something new every day.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
My '05 magnum SXT AWD 3.5L had the NAG1 5 speed tranny and 3.06 axle gears. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts