Charger Forums banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts
Prime:
Sorry to hear you confirm that your Hemi has joined the dropped valve seats club. This issue, was largely confined to the '06 engines, although there have been some '07s and later instances.
If I were in your shoes, and was going to hang onto the car, the engine would come out, and go down to the bare block.
I submit that both heads should come off. The other one is a ticking time bomb, and could relegate your newly repaired engine to the scrap heap in an heart beat.

Don

Reactions: prime54322

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L V8
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Prime:
Sorry to hear you confirm that your Hemi has joined the dropped valve seats club. This issue, was largely confined to the '06 engines, although there have been some '07s and later instances.
If I were in your shoes, and was going to hang onto the car, the engine would come out, and go down to the bare block.
I submit that both heads should come off. The other one is a ticking time bomb, and could relegate your newly repaired engine to the scrap heap in an heart beat.

Don
Yeah I was gonna take a look at the other one was well and see bout just getting a remanufactured left side cylinder head. I also know or well seen that Mopar redesigned the intake manifold/plenum for the 2006 5.7L Chargers. I was also gonna take a look at that. If the damages are too severe (ex. cylinder walls far beyond any repairs I could make) then I'm just gonna buy a remanufactured engine. Although I hope I don't have too and can replace the cylinder heads and pistons and learn some knowledge from swapping everything out for new. But so far its been a frustratingly fun experience working on the car from finding out the cause of the P0300, tossing part after part at it trying to figure out what the problem was and overall just learning a lot about the hemi engines. I'll post more updates along the journey of replacing the cylinder heads and pistons! Thank you so much for all the help! Its much appreciated.

Reactions: N8ECH
41 - 42 of 42 Posts