Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, ive been having bad luck this week. First yesterday I frisbied an important document into the glove box and it goes in the 1/4" gap on the top of the glove box into the dash lol, I retrieved that

10 min ago im working on the car, drop a pair of pliers in the engine bay and I cannot see them anywhere. Is dropping that plastic piece on the bottom of the engine bay something a non mechanically inclined person like myself can do, and if so how ?

thanks

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Piece of cake bro.
Jack up front end. Place car on Jack Stands (Warning, never climb undern eath a jacked up car that is not supported by jack stands, as jack failure could lead to serious bodily harm and or death) . You will find 4 bolts attaching the engine shield, 2 at the front of the pan, and 2 at the rear. I believe they require a 10mm socket to remove them. They are long, almost an inch. Do not be shocked. Remove the rear ones first, followed by the front ones. Then slide the cover an inch rearward and it will come right off.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
That is why I removed that plastic piece on my former SRT8.....it is just a black hole that sucks tools right out of your hands....:smoke:

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot.

looks like im starting my sunday off tomorrow with a bang. Funny thing is I have no jack other then the factory scissor one, and no jack stands. This simple thing is gonna become an aggrivating mission lol

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Thanks alot.

looks like im starting my sunday off tomorrow with a bang. Funny thing is I have no jack other then the factory scissor one, and no jack stands. This simple thing is gonna become an aggrivating mission lol
DO NOT do it with out stands. And especially not with the scissor jack. :nervous s

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will driving the car in the meantime potentially risk something happening? I gotta go 30min away in an hour and pick people up at the airport. Plus this way I can just hit the dealer monday and have them drop that piece alot easier then itll be for me

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
I fished many a tool out without removing the plastic...get a light and hunt around...you may be able to see the tool and fish it out....they usually landed in the front of mine.....but removing the plastic finally solved the problem...just had to look under the car then...

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump, anyone know if its safe to drive the car like this? I gotta leave in 15 min for a hour roundtrip!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts