Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/swilliams052601/detail?.dir=d1e4&.dnm=ab7c.jpg

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/swilliams052601/detail?.dir=d1e4&.dnm=75f8.jpg&.src=ph

ok i am a bonehead...i have been having a hard time getting pics to post to the site so i just put them on yahoo so hopefully the links work...

here is the rundown:
1. we used the eibach sportline drop kit...said to drop 1.8 front and 1.9 back but came out to be more like 2.2" in front and back.

2. aesthetic quality - i am 100% happy with how it came out....she looks like a race car with the 18 stocks which means we probably won't upgrade to 20" wheels unless i see the srt8 wheels in person.

3. ride quality - i am about 90% happy with how it feels, she is alot stiffer and to me seems to bounce a little, however and here is a huge however, the wife and kid hasn't noticed anything less on road quality. yeah, have to be careful on lids going into restaurants but other than that my wife and kids love the way it looks and rides. maybe i am just feeling things b/c i did all the work on it and i am looking too hard for something to be wrong.

it was a pain getting the first spring done b/c i have never done this before but after i made every mistake possible, the rest went quick and painless. hope the pics work and if you have an questions ask away.

sorry for the long post :wink:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i never have to drive over speed bumps....and i really mean never so i wasn't concerned with that...driveways i am a little careful...but after 2 days have yet to bottom out, but like i said i am aware of it so i just take it a little easy (not grandma easy, but just careful).

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey jay, how did you get your leather done like that, the two tone look. i have the same light color leather and my wife and i both wondered how to get the two tone look?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
There you go.

1. Get image up in browser window.
2. Right click on image, selecet "Properties"
3. Highlight the data in the "Location" or "Image Location" areas, just the web address data, not the "location" text.

4. Get back to your post, most times its easier to leave it open in another window or tab.

5. Click the icon for "Insert Image", which will pop up a small block with http already in there. Erase that, right click and paste in the data you copied earlier.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice work GoDaddy. I like the aggressive style of lowering achieved. I've gone back and forth regarding this mod. Glad to get a look at somebody who has done it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
GoDaddy said:
hey jay, how did you get your leather done like that, the two tone look. i have the same light color leather and my wife and i both wondered how to get the two tone look?
it bought it from the dealer that way. about $1000 was added to the sticker price. once i saw it i had to get it.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's a nice little option.....

thanks jester i am very happy with it, oh one thing i did notice.....not sure if positive or negative...my borla 125's are loud as hell now....they didn't bother me nor did i think they were that loud before the drop....after the drop...thinking about adding some sound material in trunk to help take it away...wife says it is louder but also said it still doesn't bother her...boy do i have a keeper - she gets a kick out of everything i do on car (doesn't hurt that i let her go shopping and buy new plates, goblets and bowls)....got to keep her happy!!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks glhs...have i told you that you are my favorite moderator lately....lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
where did tou get the kit from? is it available for the charger yet or did you use the kit for the 300 or magnum? also how much did the kit run you?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ordered them off of www.customautoparts.com ...they price for like 370 on the site, but i am military so i got them for a discount and no shipping. it came out to 310 total and had them in about 5 days. i used the magnum/300c kit...i called eibach and spoke to one of their reps on the phone. then did some research and found that the sportline springs are the same for both of those vehicles, so everyone and everything pointed at those working for the charger...they all have the same bottom (frame). and then i did the install myself. hopefully this helps you ....

i had thought long and hard about this, b/c i was worried about the drop ruining the ride but so far it is great, except for that exhaust note being loud.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Very nice GoDaddy, Car looks MEAN!! Do you think thta it needs to be aligned? Anyhow good job on the drop man, maybe we can do that to my Daytona when it comes in!!!! hehe :happy:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bryan, what's up brother? how was your weekend, the srt thing was this weekend? and not a problem...i can do this install in my sleep...no kidding....i messed up so many times on the first one it was amazing...i will tell you all about it in person. but man i love the way it looks. alignment? mmmmmm..... i am going to drive her for a few hundred miles without doing anything...the damn car dropped more after i drove off with her so i will make sure the car settles then come in for an alignment check....what amazes me is that the tires aren't showing any negative camber...they are sitting straight and perfect. but still going to get it checked to make sure.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Dude your not going to believe this. just last week one of my co-workers decided to jack with me and he grabed me and yanked on my back and MAN it hurt again. All weekend last weekend I was on my back and last Mon. I went to the Doc and he said nothing joilting to my lower back!!!! I said o.k. no problem I will just some anti-inflamitory's before the track day. Nope he says! Man I was ready to knock him out!! He then proceeds to tell me what can go wrong right now so I didn't go :cry: but when I called to cancel the lady told me I can go next year so yes I am going next year and I can bring some buddy's still interested? hehe. I'll keep you posted on it.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am going, count me it, when is it, when are we leaving, are we there yet? lol ok now i am excited again about life! the back thing - who was it? we can take him....2 bad backs equals one good one huh?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
GoDaddy...Looks good...Thanks for posting picks. I thought it would look lower, it probably is but hard to see I guess without a stock next to it. I can tell the front is lower. Good job.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i will try and find a stock car to take a pic with....it is lowwwww. my wife and i were coming out of target yesterday and she looked at me and said "damn, i didn't realize how low it was until just now!" i can't even stick my hand in between the fender and the wheel..it is a tight squeeze and the car has settled a little bit more, that was before i had taken her on a drive....i will have to repost another pic, i will probably go to the dealership and take a pic next to one for ya to check out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
GoDaddy said:
i will try and find a stock car to take a pic with....it is lowwwww. my wife and i were coming out of target yesterday and she looked at me and said "damn, i didn't realize how low it was until just now!" i can't even stick my hand in between the fender and the wheel..it is a tight squeeze and the car has settled a little bit more, that was before i had taken her on a drive....i will have to repost another pic, i will probably go to the dealership and take a pic next to one for ya to check out.

Waiting on you Scott! Just got another Blk R/T today! :happy:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
GoDaddy said:
Thanks... don't go threw to much trouble. I think it looks good. Not something I can do in NC. To many pot holes and deep drainage ditches. It would rip my car apart around hear.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey bryan i will be over tomorrow around 530pm at the dealership and we can take some pics...are you working then? if not we can arrange something else but that would look cool.

talk to you later brother

1 - 20 of 25 Posts