Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I had my local muffler shop take off my factory mufflers off my 2012 Charger RT along with the factory resonators. It's sounds like a mopar should. My only down fall is the drone on the free way! What can I to to calm it down or take it away? Thanks Ryan

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Put the resonators back on.

Resonators are straight through exhaust devices. They use a single perforated pipe which is surrounded by sound-deadening material. Resonators are designed to cancel out the sound and pressure waves (drone) before they leave the resonator body and exit the tail pipe.

The muffler determines the sound, the resonator reduces the drone.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
If I put some 40 series flows on with no resonators will I still have bad drone
Skip the resos and you will get drone.

Try Cherry bombs with the stock resos. A lot of members here really like that set up.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Drive in autostick.... :driving: Thats what i do from time to time because i have straight pipes aswell

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same here Big C411 just drive without the Eco mode I have Magna packs and luv the deep sound but hate it when I'm doing 60 in Eco mode I want to just punch it hard so she knows who runs what lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
my 04 gto had the drone syndrome very bad after i had my exhaust redone! what i never knew was having the muffler in the center of the car or just behind will create drone! A selling point for dealers and manufacturers, no one wants to buy and drive a quite car. But when my shop custom built my 3 1/2" single exhaust they put the delta force race muffler 2' from the end. i have not had drone in 6 yrs. i have had my car modded that long. so all i am saying is that by putting the muffler toward the back and not be seen will dramatically reduce drone on any car!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Put cherry bombs where your reso's were. They will cut the drone way down. Not sure if the part number is the same for the R/T as the V6 but the cherry bombs are 12" and the part number is 87522. I don't see why it would be a different part number as they both get tucked up in the same place as each other.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Pull the trigger on a corsa catback. It will give you the rumble you want with zero drone. It's a bit $$$ but you'll be happy. I went through several exhaust variants trying to save money and get the sound I wanted but in the end went with the corsa. It's perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts