Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched. DRL is not available on U.S. models. However, there is some kind of machine that can reprogram it to turn it on. Some work, some don't. Some dealer refuse to do it for you because it changes the code to "non-U.S. model."

Some insurance company cars have DRL built in. Maybe fleet?

Then there are those who list DRL as a mod, so it can be done some how.

Ok, is that the just of it????

Since I have this question, I noticed a 300 and a Magnum with DRL. I have not seen a Charger with it.

So can someone make it clear for me? Can I get DRL on a 07 or 08 Charger?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Day-Time Running Lights. Any US dealer can enable them, but it has to be done with a Starscan tool. There is no US mandate the cars have DRL's running, but in Canada there is, and I believe they actaully started the whole "driving with your lights on during the day" 100% of the time.

Enabling the DRLs does not change anything about the car and is 100% legal in the US. Just go to your dealer, and tell them you like to enable the DRL function. Tell them it is a saftey feature, and you want it enabled. NOW!

S/B no charge for this.

Btw, when this feature is enabled, your high beams are on at about a 50% modulated voltage. Also, when the blinker is on, the corrosponding DRL headlight goes off. This allows for the turn signal to get all the attention with no distraction from the DRL.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
An alternate solution is to leave your lights in the Automatic position (if so equipped; if not, search for the thread about the zero-cost way to enable it) and cover the light sensor with either vinyl or paint...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts