Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my DriWash a couple of days ago and got a chance to use it on my Marauder tonight. All I can say is WOW. The car was dusty and buggy and had some road grime on it, but no real dirt. The DriWash took it all off and left a really nice shine. It looks like I took the time to wash and wax the car.

The only downside is that it takes longer and takes more elbow grease than the Formula 113 I have been using. But I'm sure it leaves more protection than the Formula detail spray leaves. I'll continue to use the Formula 113 on the Daytona because of the graphics, and maybe as a quickie touchup on the Marauder, but I'm definitely sold on the DriWash.

BTW, there's a supporting vendor here that sells it, and I got great service from him. If you buy the stuff, but it from John. He supports our forum.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I got my kit also a few days ago.... I will use it tomorrow!
I thought it was easy to use! I did not liked the part of the elbow grease :S

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I got my kit also a few days ago.... I will use it tomorrow!
I thought it was easy to use! I did not liked the part of the elbow grease :S
It's not that it's hard to use, it's just not quite as easy as the Forumla 113 spray detailer. It takes a little more buffing. It's almost like a spray wax. But when you get done with the DriWash, your car will look and feel like you've waxed it.

I figure by the time I DriWash the car, and then detail the wheels ,tires, and glass, I'll have an hour or so invested. But to wash the car with a bucket and hose, dry it, wax it, and then detail it, and put the hose and stuff away, I'd have 4 hours (plus a sore back) invested. So the DriWash is a big time-saver.

UPDATE: Pulled the Marauder out of the garage into the sunlight and WOW... that's the best it's ever looked. I'm very impressed. Yeah, the DriWash is a little more work, but well worth the effort!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I've used Protectall Quick and Easy wash and also Optimum No Rinse. They're the same general idea; a waterless carwash. I was really pleased with the results. The car looked great afterwards.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
BTW, there's a supporting vendor here that sells it, and I got great service from him. If you buy the stuff, but it from John. He supports our forum.
Who? lol I want to buy some but I would like the best price as this stuff isn't exactly the cheapest.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've used Protectall Quick and Easy wash and also Optimum No Rinse. They're the same general idea; a waterless carwash. I was really pleased with the results. The car looked great afterwards.
If I remember correctly, ONR requires that the product be mixed with water - wouldn't consider that waterless...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
If I remember correctly, ONR requires that the product be mixed with water - wouldn't consider that waterless...
Yeah that's true. QEW and ONR both require a gallon or two of water.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
I assume they mean "waterless" in that it doesn't need to be rinsed off... ?? :confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Where did you guys order this from

·
Registered
186 Posts
I hope it works well... I coincidently order the ion product 2 days ago...

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Well, I used my DriWash Ultra-Ion yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!! My car was extremely dirty, so I hosed it off and let it dry. Then...I went to work. I have to admit that I was very worried about scratching my paint...but I didn't need to.

Below, are pictures of my car BEFORE DriWash (and after I had hosed it down)...for those of you with weak stomachs, I'd advise you to look at the "before" pictures quickly...it ain't purdy... :D

One "during" pic...

And now for the "after" pics...

Again, after I hosed my car off, I didn't use one single ounce of water.

I even had to show off the stuff to my neighbor, and show him how it works. He is the kind of guy that washes his car maybe once every 3-6 months. He was so impressed that he left to go home and look the stuff up on the internet.

Another thing that sold me on the DriWash is one darn water spot that I've been trying to get off for (litterally) years. I've tried buffing, clay bar, scratch removal...nothing worked. While my neighbor was over, I showed him the spot and told him about my ongoing battle with it. So, I decided to put the DriWash to the test...with a witness present. I sprayed a little extra on the spot, rubbed a couple of times, and no more spot.

The only problem that I can see with the DriWash...I can now see too many nicks, scratches, and imperfections in the paint.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
how much $ for enough to do the entire car 10 times? sound pretty easy.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
oops, I forgot to put an s on sound, two times tonight!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
what the heck is this stuff? no water and it dosent scratch the paint?

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
what the heck is this stuff? no water and it dosent scratch the paint?
I love that question. If you wash your car with water, you have dirt on your car and water on your sponge/rag/whatever. The water's not really protecting your car from the dirt. So, why is it any different?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts