Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, so here is my driwash review.

first off the bottle was shipped promptly from our new vendor and arrived at my door less than 3 days after i bought it on amazon.

the product itself is actually pretty good. i used microfiber towels to apply and clean, then another to buff out. the product cleaned the car well.

the only problem i have with it is that it is extremely hard to remove fully. its like waxing your car using the old style carnauba wax. just removing the product once applied was a workout in itself. once the car was done however, it shined extremely well.

i dont know if the shine and clean finish was due to the product or the immense effort it took to both clean the car, then buff the product out. i also dont know if the members here who use it regularly have an orbital buffer that they use with the product.

either way, its a great product for people who live in an apartment complex with no access to water. it isnt good for us who actually clean every nook and cranny of our cars meticulously. i will use up the remaining driwash i have in the bottle i bought, and that will be another car wash product i have tested out and found to be above average, but too much work for the final result.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I have to agree that if you don't get in every nook and cranny when removing it it'll be a mess for later. I've used driwash about 4 times on the charger I never really noticed until yesterday.

I was doing and oil change and I was laying in front of the car under it I noticed a few spots where I didn't wipe it off and it looked like you said - old school carnuba wax. It's not as noticeable on my car since it's white and the only reason I saw it was because I was laying under the car. :)

Overall I really like the product and it leaves a great finish on the car.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
thanks for the input. Interesting. Some love it. I've been using ICE as my in between detailer....and I like it. Tried some dupont teflon stuff that was less than average. Like you, I can wash whenever/wherever. thanks again...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I may be the only one who has no problem removing it at all. It comes off way easier than anything I've ever used, but I had a tendency to cake on the paste stuff...

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks for the input. Interesting. Some love it. I've been using ICE as my in between detailer....and I like it. Tried some dupont teflon stuff that was less than average. Like you, I can wash whenever/wherever. thanks again...
Another vote for ICE spray detailer.

I love the stuff and by using it daily I find myself not having to wash the car for weeks at a clip. In essence I spend about 10-15 minutes a day maintaining my Charger with Ice. Add another 5-10 minutes if I'm cleaning the rims too. I usually use a california duster on the car then I apply Ice to it. Usually the microfiber towel is moist enough to clean up the rims without applying additional Ice directly to them after I've iced the entire car. Add a quick shot of windex on the windows and viola I'm done !

*It should be noted I have a base consisting of about 4-5 coats of Ice polish that I applied over the course of a couple weekends early in the summer.

I like Ice polish as well primarily because it doesn't leave a white residue like normal waxes so you can do the entire car wihout worrying about wax residue being left behind in the cracks and crevices of your vehicle. It also goes on in direct sunlight without a problem !

I was also elected to use these same products on my girlfriends mustang and while I don't treat the mustang with the same amount of TLC I give my Charger it too looks quite nice because it is iced regularly.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Well, I used my DriWash Ultra-Ion yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!! My car was extremely dirty, so I hosed it off and let it dry. Then...I went to work. I have to admit that I was very worried about scratching my paint...but I didn't need to.

Below, are pictures of my car BEFORE DriWash (and after I had hosed it down)...for those of you with weak stomachs, I'd advise you to look at the "before" pictures quickly...it ain't purdy... :D

One "during" pic...

And now for the "after" pics...

Again, after I hosed my car off, I didn't use one single ounce of water.

I even had to show off the stuff to my neighbor, and show him how it works. He is the kind of guy that washes his car maybe once every 3-6 months. He was so impressed that he left to go home and look the stuff up on the internet.

Another thing that sold me on the DriWash is one darn water spot that I've been trying to get off for (litterally) years. I've tried buffing, clay bar, scratch removal...nothing worked. While my neighbor was over, I showed him the spot and told him about my ongoing battle with it. So, I decided to put the DriWash to the test...with a witness present. I sprayed a little extra on the spot, rubbed a couple of times, and no more spot.

The only problem that I can see with the DriWash...I can now see too many nicks, scratches, and imperfections in the paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts