Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 Charger RT and I noticed the other day that the driving lights do not illuminate very far in front of the car. When it's on I can barely see it's beam. I can see the beam illuminating the ground right in front car but not more that a couple of feet. I thought the driving lights were suppose to provide light farther down the road.

Is this a problem from the factory or is it suppose to be that way? The car has never been in any accidents and only has 1,800 miles on it so it hasn't even been in for service yet.

BTW...when I say driving lights I don't mean the regular headlights but instead the smaller round lights down below the headlights in the far corners of the front fascia.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have a 2007 Charger RT and I noticed the other day that the driving lights do not illuminate very far in front of the car. When it's on I can barely see it's beam. I can see the beam illuminating the ground right in front car but not more that a couple of feet. I thought the driving lights were suppose to provide light farther down the road.

Is this a problem from the factory or is it suppose to be that way? The car has never been in any accidents and only has 1,800 miles on it so it hasn't even been in for service yet.
Seems to be a Dodge or Charger issue(?).. then again, I had the same issue with my last Honda. Very unimpressed with the light output. I'd recommend some aftermarket lights, but I havent done it yet so I'm sure someone else can give you some more specific information.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
You can adjust your headlights too. I re-adjusted mine to suite me. Or you can have them done by a mechanic. :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
How did you adjust them Mopar? I don't remember seeing anything on the back of the housing to let you adjust them. As for me though, I'm happy with mine, especially with the silverstars.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Sounds normal to me. These are for driving in fog and so you want them
low and not projecting all that far, the opposite of your high beams which
are useless in fog.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The haedlights have a adjusting screw behind them which adjusts them (up and over), or (down and in) at the same time. The fogs have a small screw above them to adjust them. :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So how far in front of your car does your driving lights shine or at least suppose to shine?

·
Registered
706 Posts

BTW...when I say driving lights I don't mean the regular headlights but instead the smaller round lights down below the headlights in the far corners of the front fascia.
Hey there brother the fogs I have seen are almost always pointing straight down. You will need a torx bit screw driver to adjust, I forgot the size but it is done from the outside of the car I think the screw is on the top portion of the foglight if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey there brother the fogs I have seen are almost always pointing straight down. You will need a torx bit screw driver to adjust, I forgot the size but it is done from the outside of the car I think the screw is on the top portion of the foglight if I remember correctly.
Yup, thanks. I've seen the screws above the driving lights. But I was wondering how far out should the lights shine?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yup, thanks. I've seen the screws above the driving lights. But I was wondering how far out should the lights shine?
I pulled up to a wall about 10 feet away and had to raise them about 6-9inches

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I pulled up to a wall about 10 feet away and had to raise them about 6-9inches
So I'm assuming you raised the lights up high enough to light up the lower portion of the wall?

·
Registered
706 Posts
So I'm assuming you raised the lights up high enough to light up the lower portion of the wall?
Yea something like that just play with it till u get it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Help!!!

I am trying to swap out my low beams with some new bulbs....however I cant get them out of the housing. I even checked the manual, which says to turn the socket assembly counter clockwise and pull the whole thing out. This works on the high beams, but not the low beams.
I am wondering if there is a release tab, or something I am supposed to squeeze and twist....but there doesnt seem to be anything like that on the low beams, and definitely not on the high beams.

I am hitting the road tonight for St Louis, and would like to swap them out before I go....so if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
The lowbeams sometimes are hard to get out

On mine, once I twisted and tugged as hard as I could they wouldnt come out, I had to "wiggle" it from side to side a little to pry it from its grip

·
Registered
11 Posts
guess I should have look at the design of the socket before I bought these....the new ones wont fit because the socket isnt straight...its L-shaped and doesnt leave enough room to connect the plug....great.....what a wonderful day I am having!

But thanks for the tip on getting the old bulb out. I wiggled it around, and it eventually came out. Now I get to put it right back in! At least I got some practice right!?!?!?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
BTW, im glad I checked this thread. Turned out the problem i had that was driving me crazy with one headlight being brighter then the other was a simple adjustment of the headlight aiming. I would have never thought that b/c the parking light was brighter on the same side also so I deff thought it was something with the ampage or current. Turns out the parking light moves with the entire headlight assembly

My night has been made lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts