Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Charger SE 3.5
My drivers side window no longer goes up or down. The other windows work fine. It doesn't seem to make any noise when I engage the button.

Any way to test out what the problem may be before taking it to the shop and potentially getting worked over (I still haven't found a good mechanic in my area).

I'm trying to troubleshoot this to see if I may be able to fix it myself, but I'm not sure if I need a new motor yet, and don't want to order one just to see if that is the problem.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Check the electrical connector on the driver's side window switches. I believe there are 2 connectors on the switch assembly: one controls the driver's window, the other controls all of the other windows.

To get to the connector, you'll want to loosen the lower interior trim panel of the door and get to it from below - there shouldn't be any need to completely remove the inner panel. This thread shows how to remove it: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118322

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
If you figure this out please post up a let me know. Dealing with the same issue and I just can't seem to give the stealership 125$ to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
I had the problem of the drivers window not working, but the other switches work fine. Turned out to be the connector not snapped in and came apart..

Good luck!

Big John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I will try to fix this later. Yeah, the rest of the switches on the panel work, just not the drivers side.

Will let you know.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I've had my door apart 5 times and can't get anything. Mine symptoms are a little different, my master switch want control either front window. Just the back to and the passenger window works from its switch. I have tried new switch and door module but neither did the trick.

·
Registered
539 Posts
this happened to me in May. i was away from home on vacation and googled the problem on my phone. i remember swapping 3 silver fuses in the trunk and the window started working again. go figure.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I tried that myself. I'm worried I need a motor and regulator.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Problem Solved

So I took the lower panel off, and sure enough, the connector was ajar. I just snapped it back into place and now the problem is fixed.

The panel was super easy to remove, and after feeling around for the connector for about 20 seconds, I found it. This could not have been an easier fix.

Thanks so much for the advice, you just saved me a trip to the shop and I'm sure a ton of money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This problem has come and gone and then come up again over the last year. I started to pinpoint the time it would happen. It seems like it occurs whenever I need an oil change (not sure if this is really true or just coincidence or not) As soon as I change the oil, the problem seems to go away and then in another 3K miles, it starts up again.

I suppose it could just be a big coincidence, but after 4 oil changes and the same result, I feel like it must be connected.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Congrats on the fix buddy, wish mine was as easy.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
So I took the lower panel off, and sure enough, the connector was ajar. I just snapped it back into place and now the problem is fixed.

The panel was super easy to remove, and after feeling around for the connector for about 20 seconds, I found it. This could not have been an easier fix.

Thanks so much for the advice, you just saved me a trip to the shop and I'm sure a ton of money.
Glad it worked out for you. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem Solved

My drivsrside window is stuck down. I can hear the motor trying to work when I use the switch what or how can I fix this

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
My drivsrside window is stuck down. I can hear the motor trying to work when I use the switch
Since the switch and motor seem to be trying to move the window ... the problem could be the window regulator. You can plug a scanner, that can read all codes, into the car's OBD2 port to see if there's any Bxxxx body codes logged. Unfortunately there's only a couple of window codes and they're for the window position sensors.
The only way I know to diagnose the window regulator is to remove the inner door trim panel. Depending on the model year of the car the window regulator is either a separate removable assembly or it's incorporated into the door carrier plate.
In the interim, maybe you can have someone work the switch while you put your hands on wither side of the window and pull it up. An alternative is to use a suction cup to lift the glass while working the switch.

I buy them at Harbor Freight
Search Results For "Suction Cup"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts