Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

So I head out to get my windows tint and the guy tells me how its illegal to do the front doors if your caught.

Has anyone had problems with getting the driver side and passanger side tinted? What % did you get?

I just don't feel comfortable having a 2k$ stereo sitting in plain view.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Different laws for different states.
I'm in cali and did the only legal tint on my fronts. Its basicaly clear, but blocks the UV rays.
If your in Cali, you aint gonna beable to hide squat...legally

·
Registered
657 Posts
When I had my v6 I went with a 45 up front, 15 rear. I never got stopped for tint because the fronts were so light, and you can see a huge difference from the front to rear. 45 still kept the sun out, I liked it. I'm out in Cali and you will get stopped even if your tint is too dark in the rear, so if you go dark all around you are asking for it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have 30% on the front and 5% in the back, no problems had it on my previous car to.

·
Registered
860 Posts
im doing 20 all around. its not legal but its not too dark, and it helps when your father is retired from the job

·
Registered
792 Posts
My sister is a Highway Patrol officer , there's nothing legal on the front windows in Cali it has to be a removable sun screen or something to that nature.But on the other hand I did 35% on all my windows even the whole windshield, my buddy's tint shop did it no reciept cash only.My sister says she doesnt bother people if she can see them in the car and make eye contact with them, if she cant see you your goin down!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I got 35 all around and 50 on my windshield but I might go darker maybe 20 or 15 depends on the film. if you go medium u might pull it off all around in the same shade

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Window Tint

when you see cops just roll your front windows down.
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I DO!!I HAVE 15% IN THE BACK AND 20% IN THE FRONT AT TIMES THE FRONT LOOKS REALLY DARK BUT ALL DEPENDS ON THE LIGHTING OUTSIDE!!!BUT THE ROLLING WINDOW DOWN THING WORKS BUT WHEN ITS RAINING EL NINO STATUS LMAO OR REALLY COLD WERE SOL!!!:grin:

·
Registered
229 Posts
When I got my tint dont for the front I had to sign a release. I have been pulled over and recived a fix it ticket $10.00 but I still have the front done.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
In Cali Here My Dad Got Pulled An Ticked In His Sublime For Tint. I Havent Had Any Problems Yet With Mine Tho But I Bought My 06 R/t Used With 10k On It Already Tinted So If I Get Pulled Its Back To Dealer

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Also Has Anyone Had Any Probems With Cop's And The Front License Plate I Took Mine Off An Filled The Holes Then Painted Over With Touch-up

·
Registered
831 Posts
Also Has Anyone Had Any Probems With Cop's And The Front License Plate I Took Mine Off An Filled The Holes Then Painted Over With Touch-up
took mine off about 6 months ago. everytime a cop passes me in the opposite direction i look in my rearview to see if the make a u-turn to stop me

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I'm at 20% all around and illegal as hell. Be ready to drop the windows and or turn on interior lights if you get pulled over, otherwise LEOs may be nervous, and with just cause

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
In California you are allowed to have 70% on the front and any % on the rear windows with a 4" strip on the windshield.

[url="http://www.tintlaws.com]TintLaws.com[/url] has the laws for every state, if you're interested.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The biggest eye-catcher is having darker in the back. It makes them look for it. I have 35% all around and have been "in conversation" with officers twice since then without mention of the tint.

Just make sure you roll your window down when approached.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
In California you are allowed to have 70% on the front and any % on the rear windows with a 4" strip on the windshield.

[url="http://www.tintlaws.com]TintLaws.com[/url] has the laws for every state, if you're interested.
WRONG. I HAD TO GET MY DAD'S TINT TICKET SIGNED OFF ANYTHING BUT STOCK ON FRONT IS NOT LEGAL IN CALI

·
Registered
84 Posts
its around 70% maybe 80% in cali up front. hardly a tint but i have 50% up front and 5% everywhere else im happy and no tickets knock on wood :grin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts