Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious, I see the manual and Webb content instructing to mark the flex-joint and its flange bolt hole before removing.
I understand this to be a best practiced thing when removing and replacing without new parts but when changing the differential or another component it all goes out the window. Such as my scenario.
And now @132k miles, with a cracking up front flex-joint and center bearing surround I'm replacing the driveshaft as a unit.

I'm curious because I don't believe they balance or test drive for testing it on or off the assembly line.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just curious, I see the manual and Webb content instructing to mark the flex-joint and its flange bolt hole before removing.
I understand this to be a best practiced thing when removing and replacing without new parts but when changing the differential or another component it all goes out the window. Such as my scenario.
And now @132k miles, with a cracking up front flex-joint and center bearing surround I'm replacing the driveshaft as a unit.

I'm curious because I don't believe they balance or test drive for testing it on or off the assembly line.
Luckily, the 2pc shaft doesn't shake like the one pieces, so balancing or indexing isn't as vital.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts