Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday we took both the Daytona and the 01 Cobra to the track. Good weather, track was fast, but it got really hot before 10:00 am.

My daughter drove the Daytona since it was her first time, and she was nervous. I drove the Cobra; my track car. Then we switched cars and switched lanes...had everyone confused!

Keep in mind this was a Mustang Club event, where we reserve the track for test and tune. We were surounded by Mustangs...most of which were really quick and could beat the snot outta both of my cars. But we were there for fun :)

Best times for the Daytona was

60 2.132
330 6.106
1/8 9.206
MPH 76.49
1000 11.943
1/4 14.25
MPH 98.02

Good RTs...Tara's best was .124. Mine was .017

Not as fast as I thought she would be, but that's stock, so I have a starting point for modifications. Chargers are definately not drag cars, but I love my grocery-getter-commuter-daily-driver!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
That's a pretty respectable time. Good job.
I can't wait til I get to go to the track. Our last 3 vehicle I taken to the strip just for fun.

Todd

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cobra didn't do so good. Best time was 4.20, MPH was 99.50. 60 ft was 2.001.
My personal best was 13.82 last year at the shootout, and I was the first one out since I dialed in at 13.98.

The only mods are a Steeda Triax shifter (which I hate) KN CAI, and a Kirk rollbar, which adds even more weight to a convertible. Oh, and Nittos. They help a lot.

06TB, take the Durango to the track!!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
It's been to the track :grin: For a while it was all I had. Although it has a 360CID motor with 3.92 gears it also has 31" tires and weighs in at 4920lbs with 9gals of gas and no one in it :knockout:

Stock it ran 17.0, after adding Cold Air Intake, bored Throttle Body, and replaced muffler it ran 16.58, 60' times were 2.3-2.4, I think trap speed was 86-88. I have since added the mopar M1 single plane intake, and Mopar PCM and have yet to take it back to the track. It really needs heads and complete exhaust :grin: but I now have a new "toy".

Just for the record it also has "Full time 4WD" which is like having AWD or I can put it 2 wheel drive. Using "AWD" I am .2 sec SLOWER. Although traction was not an issue either way :)

Todd

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used to be 'horse-poor' when I had my horses...I'm still 'horse-poor' but with many more horses!

and the only horses allowed in my corral now are Chargers and Mustangs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts