Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Dodge Charger SRT 392 with various mods. I'm looking to get a set of drag wheels and tires. Pretty set on the 17 inch Forgestar D5 wheels and a Mickey Thompson ET Street R. I'm just not sure what size tire to go with, 26 inch or 28 inch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The JMS Chip Avenger 17's are a little easier on the wallet.

Most of us running the Et Street R use the 305/45/17 which is 28" tall. That keeps the speedo issues to a minimum :)

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
As said, 28s will keep it close to stock height and keep fender well gap minimal.

If racing, 26s will give you a better final drive ratio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As said, 28s will keep it close to stock height and keep fender well gap minimal.

If racing, 26s will give you a better final drive ratio

I'll be swapping onto the drag wheels at the track so not concerned with speedo issues unless it throws a code or messes with anything else like that. They'll be specifically for racing so whatever size is better for racing street, strip, and roll racing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The JMS Chip Avenger 17's are a little easier on the wallet.

Most of us running the Et Street R use the 305/45/17 which is 28" tall. That keeps the speedo issues to a minimum :)

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I'm able to get them for right at 320 per wheel which isn't too bad for me and worth it to me for the weight savings and better look :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well it’s give and take depending on your car right now.
More sidewall on the tire is what assists in hooking from a dig so a 28 will help in that regard.

26s will effectively lower your final drive ratio which will assist in acceleration, but your sidewall suffers. Also will raise your rpms at any given speed.

If you plan to add any sort of power or have problems hooking, you probably want 28s. If you can hook on them, 26s will help overall performance.

If it helps, i put 28s on my nitrous challenger originally with 17s and just put the sane style setup on my charger.
I also moved away from 26s because it just makes the fender gap appear more readily and I daily drive my drag radials. But cutting tire height is the cheapest way to increase acceleration speed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it’s give and take depending on your car right now.
More sidewall on the tire is what assists in hooking from a dig so a 28 will help in that regard.

26s will effectively lower your final drive ratio which will assist in acceleration, but your sidewall suffers. Also will raise your rpms at any given speed.

If you plan to add any sort of power or have problems hooking, you probably want 28s. If you can hook on them, 26s will help overall performance.

If it helps, i put 28s on my nitrous challenger originally with 17s and just put the sane style setup on my charger.
I also moved away from 26s because it just makes the fender gap appear more readily and I daily drive my drag radials. But cutting tire height is the cheapest way to increase acceleration speed.

My car currently has a ported intake manifold, legmaker cold air intake, MMX 87mm throttle body, Texas Speed 2 inch catless long tube headers, and a couple other boring supporting mods. But I have a Texas speed cam kit, ported heads, a circle d converter and a wet nitrous kit sitting in boxes in my garage ready to be put on. So with that I guess I would probably need 28’s to hook?

·
Registered
125 Posts
My car currently has a ported intake manifold, legmaker cold air intake, MMX 87mm throttle body, Texas Speed 2 inch catless long tube headers, and a couple other boring supporting mods. But I have a Texas speed cam kit, ported heads, a circle d converter and a wet nitrous kit sitting in boxes in my garage ready to be put on. So with that I guess I would probably need 28’s to hook?
28s are probably best option then

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can any of you confirm that the '19 Chargers will NOT set an error with the "TPMS Deactivation" for drag wheels? Page 177 says after a few start/stop cycles, the error will go away on wheels w/o TPMS in them. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts