Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
402 Motoring is happy to announce that we have our first drag racing rims and tires available for those of you who need TRACTION at launch!

You have the option of buy the full packages of tires and rims shipped to your door, or you can buy just the wheels or just the tires.

There are three packages total...
One 17" package and two 18" packages

See links below...

Click on images below to see and purchase!

PACKAGE 1) 17" Drag Wheel and Tire Package for SRT8 and 5.7L Hemi LX cars!

17" Drag Wheel for SRT8 and 5.7L Hemi Only!

Drag Radial for 17" Wheels for SRT8 and 5.7L Hemi Only!

PACKAGE 2 18" Silver Wheels and Drag Radials for SRT8 and 5.7L Hemi MOUNTED AND BALANCED

PACKAGE 3) 18" Chrome Wheels and Drag Radials for SRT8 and 5.7L Hemi MOUNTED AND BALANCED

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
is that for four tire/wheels mounted balanced out the door with free shipping? Holy poop thats a good price

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Heh - I am soooo tempted....:nervous s

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Heh - I am soooo tempted....:nervous s
Why? You don't spin the wheels anyway :)

Seriously though, are these street legal to drive to the track and how much stress is put on other components when you run drag tires?

I'm suprised more guys don"t do it. I was thinking of getting a pair of SXT 17" and putting on some rubber.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Why? You don't spin the wheels anyway :)

Seriously though, are these street legal to drive to the track and how much stress is put on other components when you run drag tires?

I'm suprised more guys don"t do it. I was thinking of getting a pair of SXT 17" and putting on some rubber.
Well - it would be a nice set to take back to the UK with me.....:nervous s I'd use them on time trials prolly.

If there is more than 1.6mm of tread, then yes, in the UK they'd be fine, but I'd have them in the back of the car and swap them out when I got to where I as going. :)

As for stress - yes, they will increase the stress on the car, as before, wheel slip would dump some of the energy - but if these really are sticky, that energy stays in the system. As to the magnitude - I have no idea - but I wouldn't want to subject a road car to those potential loadings daily. :)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
dang those wheels are light. the other day when i painted my calipers i weighed one of my stock wheels and it was exactly 50 pounds!!! so i'm sure a 25 pound wheel, with more grip would make a big difference

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
LOL No.... this is for drag racing. Two rear wheels and two drag radials to your door.

Take care,
electrofied
hahaha. so i just realized i left the smilies off my above post and that made me look like a retard. Jeez.

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
do you have any pics with them on any LX's!?! im so interested!

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Whith one should be better for srt8?? I really need it
I can attest to the fact that he really needs it...I saw him run the 1/4 at Napierville Dragway, and he should be getting waaaaaaaay better times with his ASM supercharger! ...Just wasn't gripping off the line!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts